Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 10-14-2011, 01:49 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Charlie101 is on a distinguished road
Default Ucas???????

Hi Does anyone know if this course is worth any UCAS points??? The CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education is listed as being high in UCAS points and other CACHE Diplomas and awards also have UCAS points attached but this course CYPW Diploma isn't listed, just find it abit strange.
Any Info would be great,
Thanks,
Charlie

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-14-2011, 03:43 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie101 View Post
Hi Does anyone know if this course is worth any UCAS points??? The CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education is listed as being high in UCAS points and other CACHE Diplomas and awards also have UCAS points attached but this course CYPW Diploma isn't listed, just find it abit strange.
Any Info would be great,
Thanks,
Charlie
hi Charlie,
not sure about points but the CYPW diploma level 3 is worth 65 credits x
Unread 10-14-2011, 03:56 PM

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Any Info would be great,
Thanks,
Charlie
Hi
I am unsure to i know you can get more credits, but unsure what you can use the extra credits for.
My tutor apparently hand delivers the certificates so i will ask him when he brings mine if it has been passed today by the IV, hopefully within the next couple of weeks i will know

Lynne
Unread 10-14-2011, 04:26 PM

Hi
Thanks for that.
I have emailed my tutor today to ask her and she told me as far as she is aware it isnt worth anything. Which to me makes no sence! On my local uni site it says that a CACHE level 3 in child care and education is worth 240 tariff points. The title isnt anymore specific than that and this isnt an actual course that they do does this mean all CACHE level 3 diploma no matter what the course title? I'm now more confussed that before.
Charlie
Unread 10-14-2011, 04:58 PM

Just found the information on the CACHE Website.... it dosn't carry any tariff points!
Unread 10-14-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Just found the information on the CACHE Website.... it dosn't carry any tariff points!
I wonder why you can do extra units and get more credits then.

Lynne
Unread 10-14-2011, 06:00 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

if you are a mature student you dont need to worry about ucas points. i had 4 or maybe 5 learners go onto uni last year with the dcyw it is all down to your personal statement and interview. you can do the top up units but the way you fill in the form and sell yourself ifs far more powerful you can of course also apply directly to the uni. ring them up have a chat with them
Unread 10-14-2011, 09:22 PM

Hi
Lyn c- Yea I saw you could do extra to make it an 'Extended Diploma' and yet it still dosnt count.
Tutu- Ah see there is my problem, I no I'm older that alot of students when they start but at 20 so I'd be 21 if I where to start in 2012, I don't think I'm classed as a mature student.
Also because I have only just passed my level 3 the local Uni won't except me for a foundation degree... Which I do totally understand. Plus even if I waited 2or 3 years until they would except me they dont do a foundation degree in the course I am most intrested in...
Aghhh I wish I had never looked at my sisters prospectuses I wasnt thinking about Uni before that!
Thans for your help,
Charlie
Unread 10-15-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Hi
Lyn c- Yea I saw you could do extra to make it an 'Extended Diploma' and yet it still dosnt count.
Tutu- Ah see there is my problem, I no I'm older that alot of students when they start but at 20 so I'd be 21 if I where to start in 2012, I don't think I'm classed as a mature student.
Also because I have only just passed my level 3 the local Uni won't except me for a foundation degree... Which I do totally understand. Plus even if I waited 2or 3 years until they would except me they dont do a foundation degree in the course I am most intrested in...
Aghhh I wish I had never looked at my sisters prospectuses I wasnt thinking about Uni before that!
Thans for your help,
Charlie
Hi Charlie

My daughter didn't need ucas points to go to uni she completed her level 5 whilst working in a setting (she is 23), she has just handed in her work for her EYPS (Early Years Professional Status ) and her BA this has all be done through her workplace attending Uni on Saturdays and and weekdays and completing course work in the evenings, it has been a tough 4 years for her but she would like now to become an assessor. so just trying to show you that you can achieve things through different ways and if you are determined this must be a way.

Lynne
Unread 10-17-2011, 04:45 PM

Hi
Just incase anyone is intrested... I emailed CACHE to ask them if the diploma will ever be given ucas points, here is the reply I got...

I have spoken with our qualifications department who have advised that there will not be UCAS points allocated to the L3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce. We are, however, still trying to get UCAS points allocated to the CACHE Level 3 Extended Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce. These talks are ongoing and we hope to have more information available soon.

Just incase anyone is intrested, looks like I'm guna have to find a new way in.
Charlie