Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 07-17-2016, 06:10 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

benabunny1989 is on a distinguished road
I have a question Safeguarding - Level 3 Childcare

Hi I'm new to the site , I'm looking for a little help on my safeguarding unit. I have answered these questions but I just don't feel I've put all of the relevant info in.

- Explain the importance of observing and monitoring children’s behaviour for changes.

- Describe how to raise awareness of suspected abuse.

- Describe the actions which must be taken when there are concerns about harm, abuse or neglect in line with policies and procedures

- Explain why it is important to: believe a child and remain non judgemental.

- Describe the roles ad responcibilities of the organisatons that may be involved when a child has been abused or harmed.

- Explain the process used by own organisation to comply with data protection.

Any help would be great thank you guys

-----------------------------------------

Unread 07-21-2016, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, these 'describe & explain' criteria are observed and discussed during a a tme when you assessor visits. You'll need to check when that will be.

- Explain the importance of observing and monitoring children’s behaviour for changes.
Your role, your responsibility and your unique position in being able to observe and monitor children through your professional work means you'll be one of the first to see any changes. These early indications of change enables you to act,to assess, share and to report information so that children are protected and remain safe.

- Describe how to raise awareness of suspected abuse.
responding to evidence or concerns of abuse or harm will be a requirement of your role. Consider who you speak to in your setting, how you do that and why you speak to that person/s?- Describe the actions which must be taken when there are concerns about harm, abuse or neglect in line with policies and procedures

Your setting's policy and procedure will explain exactly what you're meant to do when you are concerned about abuse, harm or have evidence.

- Explain why it is important to: believe a child and remain non judgemental.

This thread may help: http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?p=61618

- Describe the roles and responsibilities of the organisatons that may be involved when a child has been abused or harmed.

What organisations are involved with your setting? And what do they do?

More information on this page: http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12417 Please do not copy and paste - avoid plagiarism

- Explain the process used by own organisation to comply with data protection.

There are 8 principles of data protection that by law your setting is required to abide by. Ask your organisation/setting for a copy of their data protection policy to see how they meet those requirements.

page 114 of the CYPW handbook

use it only as needed
keep it secure
make sure it's accurate
keep it upto date

Hth
the cost of ad blockers