Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 01-27-2013, 08:15 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

zip is on a distinguished road
Help SOS tda 3.4 positive behaviour

hoping someone can point me in the right direction

2.1Explain the benefits of activities promoting positive aspects of behaviour?

3.5 Explain the sorts of behaviour or discipline problems that should be referred to others and to whom these should be referred to?

4.1 What action to take to divertpotential inappropriate behaviour?

5.4 provide clear and considered feedback on the effectiveness of behaviour management strategies to inform policy review and development?

please if someone can help :jump:

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-28-2013, 04:48 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

lyndsey is on a distinguished road
Smile

Hi Have you got the louise burnham supporting teaching and learning in schools text book. it sets out the modules and highlights the different criteria. I am finding it really easy to follow. here's the two that I have done I am currentl working on the other two.

Quote:
Copyright © lyndsey 2013

Although I am comfortable dealing with inappropriate behaviour I am aware that there are some situations where I would need to refer to others. I would highlight these as being the following
• If the pupil(s) are not following my instructions and I am not in control of the situation.
• A child that may be displaying unpredictable behaviour.
• If I am on my own and dealing with a difficult situation.
• Pupil is displaying behaviour that is a danger to him/ herself or others.
Those from whom I would seek help from within the school would completely depend on which situation I was in. In most situations simply another member of staff would be enough support. If a child was displaying unpredictable behaviour I would turn to the SENDCO as they would be my initial point of contact for behaviour support and would also be able to advise on behavioural strategies for use within the classroom. Also, if deemed necessary the SENDCO would contact other professionals outside the school for advice and support. I would also look to other class teachers for support particularly if it is the prior class teacher of the child as he/ she may have had previous experience with certain traits of a child’s behaviour.
If I were to have serious concerns about a child I am aware that I could speak to the deputy head teacher or head teacher or indeed someone in the senior management team.

Outside of the setting I would contact the behaviour unit which is normally run by the local authority and who could advice and support on how best to deal with particular behavioural problems. They may also come in to school to observe or work with specific children.
Educational psychologists visit schools on a regular basis to support those children and also the adults who work with them. If appropriate they may assess the child and devise specific plans to suit their needs and may also assess those who may need a statement of special educational needs.

When working in the setting and in particular when working in the same class it can become apparent that there are certain circumstances which trigger inappropriate behaviour on a regular basis. It would be extremely useful to support the child and class teacher by keeping a record of any situations that they find difficult or triggers to their behaviour. If a trigger was realised it would be important to inform other members of staff so that situation can be avoided if possible. In future circumstances it may be necessary to remove the child from the situation or by speaking with them should they show signs of becoming distressed. On the other hand, if I were supporting a child with behavioural needs I would make it a priority to discuss with them the kind of situations that they find difficult to cope with. In this way a strategy could be implemented to support them in managing their own behaviour. For further support the settings SENDCO may be asked for advice or they may decide to request support from external professionals in order to evaluate different strategies.
copyright © of this material belongs exlcusively to member lyndsey
avoid plagiarism and use forum content to inform personal and professional knowledge

Last edited by Ruthierhyme : 01-28-2013 at 04:56 PM. Reason: copyright notice added
Unread 04-29-2016, 07:45 PM

Maria Jay is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Explains why it is important to actively promote positive aspects of behaviour. (2.1)

Hi I am new here, can someone help me with this question please I am struggling a lot.
Explains why it is important to actively promote positive aspects of behaviour. (2.1).
Thank You
Unread 04-29-2016, 08:00 PM

Maria Jay is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Explains why it is important to actively promote positive aspects of behaviour. (2.1)

Hi I am new here, can someone help me with this question please I am struggling a lot.
Explains why it is important to actively promote positive aspects of behaviour. (2.1).
Thank You
Unread 07-05-2021, 09:59 PM

tash1983 is on a distinguished road

hi, my heads hitting a brick wall with this last assignment i was wondering if anyone can help me please. I'm doing level 1 award in preparing to work in schools. i am struggling on these last 2 questions and i need to do it to finish the course.
first one is explain ways in which positive communication can be used to encourage children and young people?.
and the second one is outline why positive behaviour is important in the learning environment?.
i feel like I'm speaking about the same stuff in every question there asking me through the whole assighnment.
Unread 07-12-2021, 05:06 PM

mlzatpmsn89 is on a distinguished road

Hi, I'm new here, is it possible to get some help with the following question.
Explain the benefits of actively promoting positive aspects of behaviour.
Thanks in advance