Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 02-28-2012, 11:35 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

loz25 is on a distinguished road
Default cypop22

Hi im struggling with this unit I only have three more questions to answer and they are 3.1,3.2, and 4.2 if anyone can help I will be so greatful

Explain the roles of other professionals who may be involved in joint or integrated working to promote positive behaviour and emotional and social development needs of children and young people.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-28-2012, 01:45 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

lovecakes is on a distinguished road

Did anyone find out the answers for 3.2 and 3.3. Im struggling like mad today on these, cant seem to get my head around them!!!

Thank you :)
Unread 09-02-2012, 12:55 PM

asimo78 is on a distinguished road
Default 3.2

Hi Lovecakes I have had this signed off I only done 3.2 as I was told it was enough to cover 3.3 as well hope this helps

How setting wide strategies to promote positive behaviour and emotional and social development can be adapted to support children and young people with speech, language and communication needs.

Strategies are essential to planning and will benefit those children who do not have an obvious behavioural difficulty. The inclusion of the strategies in classroom practice will assist the development of social and communication skills.
Replace inappropriate with appropriate behaviours:

 Teach the child to communicate; in difficult situations, for example, the child needs to be able to ask for help, to take a break, to express emotions such as fear or anger.
 Teach social skills, which will help the child initiate, sustain or escape anxious social situations, such as going to a quiet place, completing a calming activity or using relaxation techniques.
 Teach specific play and leisure skills which might occupy his interest.
 Develop behaviour targets which shape the child’s behaviour toward more appropriate behaviour.

Children do not always respond to the usual forms of discipline. It may be necessary to develop a systematic plan to improve behaviour. Using behaviour plan based on an understanding of the child’s needs and recognises that the behaviour, in most instances, is an attempt to communicate. To begin, you need to think of the behaviour as a ‘clue’ to understanding its occurrence. Behaviours may indicate that something is difficult for the child, he/she perhaps does not understand or his/her difficulties are interfering with more appropriate behaviours. Traditional approaches to behaviour modification may not work with a child that has speech, language and communication needs for example:
 Communication difficulties make it hard to understand ‘reasoning’.
 A child with autism may not be motivated to please others or may be motivated by unusual things.
 The child may not understand the cause and effect relationship between behaviour and rewards. Similarly, the child is unlikely to understand that the punishment is a consequence of their inappropriate behaviour.
 The child may not generalise positive behaviour changes from one situation to another.
 The child may have established routines that may include negative behaviours.
Use strategies and structures to make a situation more visually clear:
 Use schedules, timetables or calendars that help to show when something will happen.
 Use accessible pictorial or written rules to remind a child what he/she should do.
 Physically arrange the classroom to show where something should happen.
 Provide a checklist using objects of reference, photographs or a written list to help the pupil follow directions independently.

Some recommended strategies that we use within the setting are:
 The time line - this is made up of pictures of the settings daily routine it helps to guide children throughout the session.
 Makaton- this helps the children who experience speech and language difficulties to communicate with others.
 Pictures around the setting near different areas/activities- this helps the children to identify the different areas/activities around the setting.
Unread 09-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

lovecakes is on a distinguished road
Default A Big Thank You!!!

Thankyou Andrea, That helped me loads, The only thing ive gotto do now is my Professional discussion!! I really don't know what to expect, I just prefer to write everything than have a discussion...Can't wait until it's over.

Thank you Again
Unread 09-07-2012, 09:27 AM

asimo78 is on a distinguished road

You are very welcome Lovecakes i'm glad i could help :) Andrea
Unread 11-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Sabriella is on a distinguished road

I have just been trying to wrap my head around this entire module, and it hasn't been going well >.<

This reply has helped me immensely, thank you so much!
Unread 11-05-2013, 03:58 PM

paulacundiff is on a distinguished road

Hello you guys
I'm really stressing on this unit 035 can you help with outcome 4 question 2 Explain the roles of other professionals who may be involved in joint or integrated working to promote positive behaviour and emotional and social development needs of children and young people
Seem to have hit a brick wall and the book doesn't cover this unit HELP!!!!