Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 02-11-2012, 05:58 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

xxdianexx is on a distinguished road
Default Lluk 301

Hey, im new to this so here goes...

i am really struggling with one of the optional units (LLUK 301) i cant seem to find any information to help me with this and as there is nothing in the book i feel i've reach a dead end!

The questions are:
2.1 explain and demonstrate stratagies to support parents in understanding that both parents and children develop and change over time and have unique temperaments

2.2 explain and demonstrate stratagies to support parents in understanding the role of reciprocal responses and interaction in parenting

2.3 explain and demonstrate strategies to support parents in understanding the process of parenting is one of progressive seperation of child and parent

I know it seems like a lot but i am really stuck!!
Is there set stratagies that am i meant to know about (which would make it easier to research)?

Thank you x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-11-2012, 08:20 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Mockingbird is on a distinguished road

This is what i put and it was signed off :-)

2.1. Explain and demonstrate strategies to support parents in understanding that both parents and children develop and change over time and have unique temperaments.

In our setting we support parents in understanding that both parents and children develop and change over time and have unique temperaments by organising parent evenings, where the parents can make an appointment with their child’s key person, the pre-school leader or the manager. We can then answer any questions they may have regarding their child’s development or even how they feel as parents and also answer any worries they may have too, whether it’s about their child’s behaviour or how they can best help their child. This will hopefully set their mind at ease.
We share with parents, their child’s learning journey, which shows and helps the parents to understand how their child has developed and changed over the time they have been with us at the setting, it also gives us a chance to explain to parents about their child’s next steps and what this means in terms of development.
We can also chat to parents about their child’s temperament, if they are worried about their behaviour for example, ensuring them that each child is an individual and depending on the situation or what was going on at the time, would determine how their child behaves. One way of helping parents to understand this is to ask them to contribute to the observations made on their child, as their child may behave completely different at home to what they do at school.
We also hand out booklets from the local children’s centre, so if parents need any help or advice on health, family matters, early education or child care, we can work with them and help them access the appropriate services they need. We can then work together with the other professionals to meet the needs of the children and their parents/carers.

2.2. Explain and demonstrate strategies to support parents in understanding the role of reciprocal responses and interaction in parenting.

We support parents in understanding the role of reciprocal responses and interaction in parenting, by working with them to share their children’s care and education. One way we do this is by holding committee meetings and AGM’s. These meetings enable us to talk about the children’s care and education, providing parents with information on what their child has been learning and what they are going to be learning about.
This can then enable the parent/carer to share with us any ideas or suggestions they may have on what they would like to see on the planning. Any information that we gain and share, helps us in the way that we work and provide for children and their families within our setting.
It also gives parents the chance to voice any concerns they may have or to let us know what they want to get out of us as a setting. E.g. their needs as a family.
We try to get parents involved in the planning by sharing our ideas and suggestions with them.
We often send out letters/notes, informing parents of what their children are going to be doing. We offer parents the chance to come into the setting and be involved in their child’s care and education, whether it’s by sharing a particular skill they may have with us, or by coming in to read the story at the end of the session.
Sharing our planning ideas often results in parents sending their child in with items relevant to what they are learning about. For example – we had an interactive table, on things that keep us safe. Children bought in builder’s hats, riding hats, swimming goggles, cricket gloves etc…
We also provide a home/school link with ‘Lester bear’. A teddy bear that the child takes home for the weekend. ‘Lester’ interacts with the family over the weekend, going out with them etc… and the parent fill in his diary with what he has been doing with them or sticks in pictures. This helps to involve parents, grandparents and even other siblings in a child’s education and learning.

2.3. Explain and demonstrate strategies to support parents in understanding that the process of parenting is one of progressive separation of child and parent.

When we have new families to the setting, a child is often upset at the thought of their parents leaving them with us, which in turn upsets the parents too.
We help parents to separate from their child by ensuring them that they will be okay and letting them know that 9 times out of 10, children are fine as soon as their parents have gone. We try to encourage parents to make their goodbyes short, because if a child is upset, long goodbyes or a parent reluctant to leave, often makes a child more upset. We suggest they peek through the door after 5 minutes, so they can reassure themselves that their child is fine, or once the parent has left their child with us, we ring the parents when we know they are home, just to reassure them that their child is fine, no longer upset and to let them know that their child is playing happily. This hopefully sets their mind at ease and helps them to separate more easily next time.
If a child continues to be upset every time they come into the setting and the parents are reluctant to leave them, then we suggest the parent stays with them until the child is happy to let their parent go. For example – we have a little at our setting and when he 1st started, he would scream and cry, lying on the floor getting himself more upset when mum went to leave, which in turn upset mum too. Mum stayed with him for the whole session for two weeks, until he was settled and happy, sitting far enough away, so as not to interfere with him playing or making friends, but close enough to reassure him that she was still there. (This reassured mum too, seeing him happy and playing) Now when he arrives he is happy for mum to leave. So in some cases, a gradual separation process works best, especially if a child has never been left with anyone else before.
Unread 02-11-2012, 08:24 PM

xxdianexx is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much!! this will help me understand what is been asked much better!! :) thank you again! xx
Unread 02-12-2012, 08:20 AM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

Mockingbird is on a distinguished road

I had to ask my assessor what these meant. Lol
Unread 02-22-2012, 07:06 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Madiha is on a distinguished road

A huge thankyou from me too ... im working on this now... and it has helped me a lot ... thank you
Unread 03-26-2012, 10:45 AM

rachel76 is on a distinguished road

Hi

I'm doing this optional at the moment and these notes have really helped me. I'm stuck on
1.1 Explain the evolving and interdependent nature of the relatioship between parents and their children.

1.2 Explain key factors which affect the relationship between parents and children through all developmental stages.

I just cant think what to write
Unread 05-27-2012, 03:31 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

blokey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel76 View Post
Hi

I'm doing this optional at the moment and these notes have really helped me. I'm stuck on
1.1 Explain the evolving and interdependent nature of the relatioship between parents and their children.

1.2 Explain key factors which affect the relationship between parents and children through all developmental stages.

I just cant think what to write
This is what I put but not sure if correct as still in the middle of this one so not handed in
1.1 Explain the evolving and interdependent nature of the relationship between parents and their children

The relationship between parents and their children is forever changing, starting from as soon as birth takes place – this is when strong bonds of attachment are formed and parents endeavour to meet the needs of their baby.

By the time children are two years old the relationship starts to change as parents start to educate children, guide them in the right direction and also start to discipline them. Parents start setting limits for their children and implement rules, while also providing enough freedom for their children to develop and grow.

From pre-school age through to adolescence, parents start to teach their children about the world, life and help them make sense of the actions of other people, such as their other members of the family, peers and teachers. Parents also help their children to understand that there will be consequences on their behaviour on others.

I struggled on 1.2 so not sure I have done it correctly

Kirsty
Unread 04-17-2013, 08:38 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Jovigirl is on a distinguished road

Hi i've almost finished my Diploma and this is my last unit. Please can anyone help me with 3.3 Explain and demonstrate strategies for supporting parents to meet the needs of a specified age group of children. and
3.4 Explain and demonstrate strategies for meeting the support needs of parents of a specified age group of children.?