Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 01-22-2009, 05:17 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

wendy_poo is on a distinguished road
Default How to lay out each unit

Hi, have just started ccld3, have not been given any info as to how to lay out my work For example on unit 1 do I use the headings of 301.1, 301.2 etc. Where does the knowledge specification come into it, should this be included in my writing or what, help!It obviously has to be included somewhere cos of the evidence method and evidence reference. Totally confused.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-24-2009, 06:47 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

HoneyLita is on a distinguished road
Biggrin Setting up work

Hi there

I had the same problem!! Started my level 3 in December and didn't have a clue. Was shocked the other week when I asked how long I have to do it...6months!! I nearly fell off my chair

What I've done is put CCLD Unit... centre at the top and then underneath the title of the unit. I then put each coded question like KD167 back on the left side of the page and then my answer next to it.

I also got told that you need to do some reflective accounts to go with the answers to the questions as evidence. So for example if you see a Child that has been hurt and you write it up on an accident form e.t.c then do a reflective account while its fresh in your memory.

My assesor has told me that I need two folders. One with all my work in and all her observations and then another for me to keep at home with the unit subjects so I can carry on working on it. You never know when they will ask to see your folder! Also dividers!!

Also I didn't know til last week but you need to put your signature at the top of each page of your work and the date.

Your assesor will give you a unit assesment and verification declaration form that will need to go at the beginning of each unit. Its just a form that you both sign and basically your decalring that its all your own work. The internal verifier also checks and signs that it meets all the standards.

Hope this helps, not long been on the course so it's still all new to me. Good luck

Lita
Unread 01-24-2009, 11:50 PM

I was beginning to think no one was going to answer, many thanks for your help. It is a bit of a nightmare getting started. Good luck with your course. Wendy
Unread 01-25-2009, 01:11 AM

Nikadi is on a distinguished road

Seems like a lot to do! Especially the two folders bit, my future tutor told me to get one huge one (lever arch), but I have no idea whats expected of me until she comes for my enrolment =[ I am trying to find out as much as I possibly can now =]

Thanks for the information (and thanks for asking wendy XD)
Unread 01-26-2009, 02:58 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

HoneyLita is on a distinguished road

Yes it is definitely a lot! My course isn't college based at all so having to do a lot on my own as my assesor is always cancelling. Thank heavens for this website!!! Be stuck without it.
Good luck with it all
Lita x
Unread 01-26-2009, 04:17 PM

hannah88 is on a distinguished road

Hi I just wanted to share how I layout my work as it seems to get a lot of the criteria ticked off.

In assignments I use the knowledge criteria as titles for each section I write (makes them quite long but ensures you cover everything). I then intergrate performace criteria into any of the knowledge criteria sections in which I have written about what I have done (basically just double title it). It gets the knowledge and the performace criteria all ticked off.
If I need to I sometimes write extra bits for the performance but I usually find that I don't need to.

For Reflective accounts I use the performace criteria as my titles. I then copy and paste relevent knowledge criteria into my assignment and answer the performace based on knowledge criteria giving exapmles of things I've done.

I've had 100% of a unit ticked off in one assignment by doing it this way. I hope this makes sense. Had a bit of trouble explaining myself!
Unread 01-26-2009, 07:37 PM

Many thanks for your answers, am trying to get hold of my assessor but may just start and do as you have all advised. Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it.
Unread 01-27-2009, 01:39 AM
wishfulsinger01

heres the explanation 4 the layout of the NVQ 3 folder....

PORTFOLIO 1
  • get a lever arch file
  • get some dividers, 10 divider pack.
  • make a title page for this folder. decorate it wid borders and stuff and write portfolio 1, NVQ (CCLD) Level 3,Your Name
on the dividers write down:
divider 1: MATRIX SHEET
divider 2:ASSESSOR FEEDBACK

divider 3 :QUESTION + ANSWER-Performance Criteria GAPS

(301.3.2…etc)

divider 4 KNOWLEDGE & EVIDENCE

(KD217….etc)

divider 5:
·ASSESOR OBSERVATIONS
·INSPECTION OF SETTING
·PROFFESIONAL DISCUSSION
·WITNESS TESTIMONY'S & WITNESS STATUS LIST

divider 6REFLECTIVE ACCOUNTS
divider 7 DIVERSE EVIDENCE
divider 7 REFLECTION EVIDENCE

PORTFOLIO 2
Now for the 2nd folder it should be a normal ring binder, make a title page and decorate it as u wish and writeportfolio 2, NVQ (CCLD) Level 3, YOUR NAME.
U need 2 dividers
·UNDERPINNING KNOWLEDGE
·RESEARCH
i hope this helps.

Last edited by wishfulsinger01 : 01-27-2009 at 01:43 AM. Reason: spelling.....tell me if it helps ok
Unread 03-24-2009, 08:53 AM
Amily

As an assessor - this really depends on your training company how the folders are set up. I build my students portfolios for them - based on a variation of some of the above posts. I do it because then I know that they have been done properly.

ASK!! Your assessor is human - they SHOULD help you. I would!

Tip - ensure you sign and date every page of your work.
If you obtain witness testimonies, ensure that there signature and details are obtained on witness status lists.
Unread 05-23-2009, 02:51 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Nat89 is on a distinguished road
How much to write for eac knowedge questions?

Im new to my nvq 3 childcare and getiing a bit stuck on the questions. how much should be written on each question?