Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 04-13-2011, 11:29 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road
Default Cyp 3.3 Task 3 policies and procedures that are in place to protect children

Hi everyone,
Can somebody confirm if i am doing this right please not sure and just maybe need a little guidance if not.

The question is 3.2
An explanation of policies and procedures that are in place to protect children and young people and adults who work with them.

I have a list but will put one up to see if i'm doing it right.

Propriety and behaviour
Positive Behaviour policy:

Practitioners working with children believe that children flourish when their personal, social and emotional needs are met and where they have clear boundaries to follow for their expected behaviour.
All children should learn to consider the views and feelings, needs and rights, of others and the impact that their behaviour has on people, places and objects. Staff members will help the children develop these skills with support, encouragement, teaching and setting a good example. The principles that underpin how we achieve positive and considerate behaviour exist within the programme for promoting personal, social and emotional development.
Positive Behaviour Procedures:
A named person will have overall responsibility for supporting personal, social and emotional development within the setting, this will include unwanted behaviour. All information is shared between co workers.
The named person will be required to:
Keep up to date with current legislation, research new information on promoting positive behaviour and handling children’s behaviour and where it might be necessary to get additional support.
Provide staff with up to date training when necessary on how to support personal, social and emotional development (in house training or courses).
Staff members, volunteers and students must provide a positive model of behaviour by treating all persons involved with friendliness, care and courtesy.
We work in partnership with parents/carers, they are kept regularly informed about their child’s behaviour by their key person. We observe children and use records to help us understand the cause and decide jointly with parents/carers how to respond appropriately.

Do i have to add things like stratergies for bullying, rough and tumbling play,
hurtful behaviour and if a child bullies another child?

this is one of many policies and procedures put into place so will be a while doing this section but just want to see if i'm doing this right before i continue.

Thankyou.:reading:

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-25-2011, 09:37 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

trottylotty is on a distinguished road

Hi, Yes I think you are as I am also currently on this section and we were advised to go into brief description of each policy i.e safeguarding, child protection and complaints
Unread 04-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by trottylotty View Post
Hi, Yes I think you are as I am also currently on this section and we were advised to go into brief description of each policy i.e safeguarding, child protection and complaints

Thankyou for your reply it is much appreciatted.
Unread 04-22-2016, 02:34 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

736hall is on a distinguished road

This refers to Unit 11. - Understand How to Safeguard the Wellbeing of Children and Young People

1.3 Analyse how national and local guidelines, policies and procedures for safeguarding affect day to day work with children and young people

This unit is aimed at safeguarding. In this instance propriety and behaviour refers to how you conduct yourself in safe working practice when working with children and young people.
May I suggest these links:

http://www.safeguardinginschools.co....tion-settings/

http://www.silkysteps.com/pages-cypw...3-diploma.html

Last edited by 736hall : 04-22-2016 at 02:58 PM. Reason: misread criteria
Unread 04-25-2016, 12:40 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

its an explanation not a description,WHY do we have these policies and procedures and what are they?