Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 04-18-2015, 08:10 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Katonargh is on a distinguished road
Help SOS How does experiential learning provide a framework for good practice?

Hello there!

I am so close to finishing my course (I finish it on Wednesday! So scary how close it is!)

I was wondering if anybody could give me any pointers for some of my optionals?

I was at my work placement during this apprenticeship but due to other circumstances I am no longer working at a nursery (but still finishing the course) so I am finding it difficult, I have a piece of paper with the questions and that's it. I e-mailed my tutor but I don't want to repeatedly bother her in the evenings and feel that she's just repeating herself - I have very little information.

Unit 125 Outcome 2.
"Explain how curriculum models for experiential learning provide a framework for good practice"
For this part, I am not too sure on the 'curriculum models' or how to even start it! I google it and just find University essays about experiential learning relating to studies being done on university aged people etc

Unit 626 Outcome 1.
"Evaluate sources of useful information in supporting children's physical development"
I'm not sure if you get to choose your optionals, or if your tutor does but because I am no longer at a nursery and there was a whole complication of my completion time my tutor has gave me these ones. Would these be agencies that I could refer to, or websites where I can find information out?

Unit 626 Outcome 4
"Identify training and development needs for self to improve performance in provision of physical development"
This part, I just don't quite understand the wording of it, is it things I SHOULD do in order to improve or things I HAVE done (e.g Schema course and such?)

Thank you so much for any responses!

Hopefully I can complete all these by Wednesday, before getting my whole course signed off.
P.S. I am in Wales - if that makes any difference to information (I know it's Foundation Phase and such)

Many thanks,
Katonargh.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-03-2018, 08:59 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

mrsholmes is on a distinguished road

all signed off... hope it helps

Unit 38, 2.1 explain how curriculum models for experiential learning provide a framework for good practice

Theories of experiential learning first came to light in the mid-nineteenth century, it was used as an attempt to move away from traditional formal education, where children were presented with abstract concepts, and toward an immersive method of instruction. Children would “learn by doing,” they could apply knowledge to their experiences and develop skills along with new ways of thinking. Experiential learning is also built upon a foundation of interdisciplinary and constructivist learning.

Play provides opportunities for children to experience learning in both a meaningful and a purposeful way. It allows children to develop skills and capabilities to be effective learners. Play offers a context for children to access the content of the curriculum. Opportunities must be given to children, so they can build on previous experiences and make connections while learning in an enjoyable way. The environment should be an inspiring one to allow children to develop positive dispositions and share ownership of their learning. Practitioners need to provide opportunities for children to be able to engage in effective learning within a safe and secure environment. This reflects how children learn.

At Holywell Playgroup, we follow the principles of the Early Years Foundation Phase (EYFP). We put into practice the following four themes:
1. A Unique Child – every child is a competent learner from birth who can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured.
2. Positive Relationships – children learn to be strong and independent from a base of loving and secure relationships with parents, carers and/or a key worker.
3. Enabling Environments – the environment plays a key role in supporting and extending children’s development and learning.
4. Learning and Development – children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates and all areas of Learning and Development are equally important and inter-connected.

There are seven areas of learning and development that must shape educational programmes in early years settings.
All areas of learning and development are important and inter-connected.

Practitioners should build on existing good practice in Nursery and the Foundation Stage Play:
* Develops the fundamental skills of literacy, numeracy and oral communication.
* Provides rich and varied contexts for developing skills such as observing, organising, recording, interpreting and predicting.
* Promotes positive attitudes to school and to learning.
* Provides opportunities to learn in a practical way.
* Provides opportunities for developing movement and manipulative skills.
* Develops natural curiosity and stimulates imagination.
* Provides opportunities for exploration, investigation, problem solving and decision-making.
* Provides opportunities to develop knowledge, understanding and skills through a range of contexts spanning all subjects in the curriculum.

Play is Important:
* Play promotes children’s development, learning, creativity and independence.
* Play keeps children healthy and active – active children become active adults.
* Play fosters social inclusion. It helps children understand the people and places in their lives, learn about their environment and develop a sense of community
* Play allows children to find out about themselves, their abilities and their interests.
* Play is therapeutic. It helps children to deal with difficult or painful circumstances, such as emotional stress or medical treatments.
* Play gives children the chance to let off steam and have fun.

Learning through play is about…
* Providing opportunities for adults and children to plan learning together.
* Enabling children to develop their own ideas and interests.
* Setting up a stimulating and appropriate learning environment.
* Creating opportunities for children to make choices and decisions.
* Developing Thinking Skills and Personal Capabilities.
* Providing practical, interactive and enjoyable play experiences.
* Encouraging children to think, do and review for themselves and reflect on practice.
* Employing a wide range of teaching strategies.
* Developing a language for learning.
* Sharing and demonstrating learning.