Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 02-09-2013, 05:54 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

stacey01 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS can anyone help please on EYMP 1 1.1 legal status national and local guidance

hi everyone, i am so stuck on this questions if anyone can please help and give me some pointers i will be very grateful

1.1 explain the legal status and principles of the relevant early years framework/s, and how national guidance materials are used in settings?

i have wrote 4 pages of notes on this one question and still have no idea if i am on the right track or where to start......
i have wrote about the new EYFS as the relevant framework but unsure as to what is meant by national and local guidance materials

any help much appreciated
stacey x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-09-2013, 07:45 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Sabriella is on a distinguished road

I genuinely hated this question but when I discussed my notes with my tutor she signed off on it.

You need to write about the EYFS (if you work in England) and how its mandatory for all registered care providers. The national guidance is the development matters. and how your setting might or might not use it.

I wrote this

- The EYFS is the early years framework used in the UK and is mandatory for all settings in the UK who care for children outside their homes.
-The EYFS not only provides an education framework but also covers care requirements and staff ratios; these safeguarding and welfare requirements are given legal force by the Childcare Act 2006.

-The EYFS has 7 areas of learning that practitioners must plan for (Personal, social and emotional development, Literacy, Communication and language, Mathematics, Understanding the world, Physical development, Expressive arts and design)

- Setting use the Development Matters booklet to assess development, promote positive relationships and provide enabling environments.

- The statutory framework should be referred to by all managers and practitioners to ensure their safeguarding and practice complies with current law; the framework refers practitioners to various other acts to ensure they meet their responsibilities: Childcare Act 2006, Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006, ‘Working Together to Safeguard Children’, Local Safeguarding Children Board, Data Protection Act 1998
Unread 02-17-2013, 09:22 AM

stacey01 is on a distinguished road

sabriella,
sorry for late reply thankyou ever so much for your help, you made it so much clearer for me. x

did you have to write anything specific on local quidance used in your setting?
Unread 07-15-2013, 08:10 AM

rosie.middleton is on a distinguished road

Thank you that's helped me alot as well
was confused
Unread 08-15-2013, 12:50 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

Sabriella is on a distinguished road

Glad I could help :) It's a horrible question, and terribly worded. Took me a really long time to come up with anything so I'm glad I could make it a bit easier :)
Unread 04-18-2015, 04:58 PM

Katonargh is on a distinguished road

I know this is a bit late and I don't even know if you'll see this but Oh my word! Thank you Sabriella so much! This was extremely useful! I had this unit (064) just floating around for 4 months and didn't finish it because of this silly first outcome! I stumbled across here and managed to finish it. You're a star, thank you so much.
Unread 06-10-2015, 09:32 PM

poppygirl is on a distinguished road

can anybody tell me why the EYFS was updated in 2014 as im very stuck on this
many thanks
Unread 06-11-2015, 03:11 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi,

Sarah Teather
began the reform from the 2008 review, alongside the Tickell review that gave the recommendation to 'slim' down an Early Years framework, which then became the statutory requirement from September 2012.

In 2014 the Consevative and Liberal Democrat coalition put the 2014 framework in place after a review into the regulation of childcare

There was an amendment to the 2014 EYFS published on the 31st March 2014 before it became the new framework in September update details on the PLA website

Hope this helps with what you were looking for.
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 03-03-2016, 06:14 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Rosiemonster95 is on a distinguished road

i am also stuck on this and really don't understand it, had handout after hand out, even what you guys have said i don't even understand, think i have mind block!! can anyone help?????