Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 04-05-2015, 03:26 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

jayne aplin is on a distinguished road
Crossfingers Level 3 diploma residential care

Hi I have just started the level 3 diploma in Residential childcare that's has replaced the CYPW diploma. Is anyone else doing this? It's so new there's no text books to go with it? I'm using the CYPW text book but it doesn't cover a lot of the units and I'm really struggling with unit 11 Support children and young people in residential childcare to achieve there learning potential, 1.2 - Explain the differences between learning, learning potential and education and
1.2 - Explain the differences between learning, learning potential and education
Can anyone help please ?

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-07-2015, 07:16 AM

Still struggling with this :(((( can anyone help please?
Unread 04-08-2015, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, sorry for delay & a warm welcome in xx

I'm trying to find a creditable source for you to research more appropriately, is it possible your course provider has learner materials you can use?

If it helps I personally feel learning is what's going on in the here and now, it's how we use our senses to experience the world, understand and evaulate everything that's being presented. I see learning potential as a forcecast, the possibilities that can happen if a child's current stage of development & their interests are known, and then experiences, freedom and opportunity is given to enable the realisation of that potential. and education as a structured way to deliver targets and hope, be it from national or local government, charity organisations, parental and professional.

If you do contact your tutor or assessor can you ask if there's any recommended reading you need to have awareness of and if a handbook is due to be published for this course?

Best wishes, please let us know how it goes xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 04-13-2015, 09:28 AM

tantrums is on a distinguished road
Default no help, but I know how you feel.

I can't help with that question, or any other really to be honest. I am just starting this level 3 but have started with unit 318 (youth justice).

The lack of any material is very frustrating and unhelpful, and the 6 month time limit is just extra pressure.

Hopefully some others will join the forum and as we progress we'll be able to help each other out a bit more.
Unread 04-13-2015, 09:40 AM

Wow uv started with a hard one!!!!!
It's nice to know I'm not the only one doing this course, and you right the lack of any reading material is really difficult. I've been using the old Young peoples workforce book and it does cover some of the earlier units but unit 11 is soooo hard ..... And even the stuff that you find online comes in PDF versions of huge documents, I seem to spend more time trawling through mounds of documents before finding something that just touches on what I was looking for in the first place. Grrrrrr
Unread 04-13-2015, 12:09 PM

tantrums is on a distinguished road

it was the only module that I knew I hadn't covered at all before in my CWDC. Are you already working in this sector? And have you had to do CWDC? My CWDC work has covered 29% of this level 3 already, which is a bit of help.

It is reassuring to hear that you think this module is difficult, hopefully most of the others will be a bit easier!
Unread 11-13-2015, 03:50 PM

Letiticia is on a distinguished road
Help SOS help tooooo

Hi im just starting this to and there's no help ad it so new really finding it hard
Unread 11-16-2015, 12:10 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

barbar is on a distinguished road
General question rcd 17

hi, i too have just started my diploma in residential childcare. been given rcd17. having a nightmare. where can i find information or books?? thanks
Unread 11-19-2015, 11:47 AM

Bubbles88 is on a distinguished road
Default Need help with residential childcare diploma level 3

Hello,

I, 3 am doing the level 3 residential childcare diploma, I also have the textbook aimed at the children and young people's workforce nvq but its only helpful for a few of the modules and there doesn't seem to be a book (or much info at all) regarding the residential childcare diploma!

Anyone that can offer help, that would be great, similarly, if I can help with people's modules I will!
Unread 11-19-2015, 08:08 PM

Samcj88 is on a distinguished road
Default Residential diploma

I started residential child care diploma in august and im really struggling with theories of group living im glad to see that im not the only one struggling to find material for this. Sam