Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 03-05-2015, 02:18 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Pilsey11b is on a distinguished road
Default Just Started Study House - Level 3 Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools

Just started the Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools doing distance learning via Study House.

Completed assignment 1 and nearly there with number 2 but finding it really daunting! Done a degree and professional qualifications but finding this really tough going. Seem to spending an enormous amount of time trying to figure out what type of evidence I need to provide and what form it should take !!

Anyone fancy being a study buddy, just be nice to have someone to bounce ideas off!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-12-2015, 09:58 PM

Blondie* is on a distinguished road

Me too! Started the course in December but with work am only just getting back into it with I have finished assignment one and really struggling with getting the evidence for task 10 & 14 xx
Unread 03-13-2015, 02:12 PM

Pilsey11b is on a distinguished road

Hi - I had exactly the same feedback about task 10 & 14 - I contacted my tutor and the feedback he gave me was for task 10 I should have included research or a professional discussion. For task 14 all he said was 'practical evidence from a real situation' !

Sounds like you're at the same stage a me - nearly completed assignment 2!
Unread 03-24-2015, 02:55 PM

Blondie* is on a distinguished road

Do you have any tips for evidence as I've no idea exactly what I have to do?
Do I rewrite the answer in more detail and say where I got my research from? I'm so stuck! X
Unread 04-11-2015, 05:24 PM

maria1994 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilsey11b View Post
Just started the Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools doing distance learning via Study House.

Completed assignment 1 and nearly there with number 2 but finding it really daunting! Done a degree and professional qualifications but finding this really tough going. Seem to spending an enormous amount of time trying to figure out what type of evidence I need to provide and what form it should take !!

Anyone fancy being a study buddy, just be nice to have someone to bounce ideas off!
Heyy i started me course too.. from study house but havent got a placement yet so cant submit my assignment!! How r u doing?
Unread 06-24-2015, 09:33 AM

Funkymama is on a distinguished road

Hello
I'm also doing the Study House Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Level 3 course. I'm finding it very heavy going and the teachers are really unhelpful. It seems to me that there are loads of questions essentially asking the same things and that a lot of it is not covered by the textbook (and it soooooo boringly written) I've just finished assignment 2 which I passed but the tutor told me I should not have used 'text based answers' when I replied that I was baffled as to what he meant as I sent entirely written work he just copied and pasted part of the notes back to me which was no help at all. The course seems to be very heavy going, frankly the law degree I did before was easier, not because the work was easier but because the course was better set out. As for the placements, well yes, I have one, and I work at the school a lot but, I can hardly ask teachers to stop what they are doing every few days for an interview which the course seems to think is what is needed, the teachers are far too busy to do more than a few interviews! Rant over
Unread 06-24-2015, 10:19 AM

Hey i recently got my placement do you have an email address i can contact you on ? Ive done the first 2 assignments just havent sent them in for them to be marked..

Last edited by Ruthierhyme : 07-03-2015 at 11:06 PM. Reason: email address removed sorry this is an open forum where the inappropriate use of an email could happen.
Unread 06-24-2015, 10:42 AM

Hey how r you doing? Have you finished your course?
Unread 06-24-2015, 01:09 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

unfortunately you get what you paid for and they expect you and the placement people to do the work. id advise anyone to steer clear of this so called college
Unread 06-24-2015, 04:46 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

nickyj1974 is on a distinguished road

Hello all, I have not long started my Level 3 Diploma with the TA college via e-learning, and I must say, to date, I am very impressed. I completed my level 2 at a college in Kingston, and loved every minute of it and meeting new people was fantastic way of building a new network of friends and really helped me along my way on the course. I am finding the Diploma a lot more intense, but so far fingers crossed all my tasks have been marked competent. However, I do miss going to college and don't think I would be able to complete the diploma, or would at least of found it a lot more difficult, without my doing the level 2 first, or even experiencing the way the course works at a college. I did a lot of research before I enrolled onto this course and not being able to attend college this time around due to other commitments decided e-learning would be the best route for me. The TA college so far keep in regular contact with me, without me even contacting them first to ensure I am ok, and all is going well with my course and work placement. They are available whenever I call them and my tutor explains things in great detail whenever I have approached her with anything. It is expensive, more expensive than any other course I looked into, but I can really say that reading about other peoples colleges, I thing I made the right choice.

I am more than willing to chat, help - if I am able, or just encourage people who are having a bit of a panic or minor breakdown!!! LOL..... As, I mentioned before it is great building up a network of new friends who are in the same situation, especially when you don't attend a college.

Speak soon.