Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools level 3 course handbook

Unread 12-03-2013, 03:26 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Lauziewoo is on a distinguished road
Please Help

I Really Havent Got A Clue With This Work. Basically Been Given It To Me Without Any Help, Ive Never Done Any Work On Children. Ive Got A Couple Of Weeks To Finish And There's Just Some Questions I Cant Do :(
Im Only Doing Level 2 Aswell. Stuck On A Couple Of Questions On Mu 2.2:

1) Describe How You Can Avoid Coming To The Wrong Conclusion From Observations?

2) How Can The Work Setting Encourage Children To Develop Positive Relationships?

3)how Is The Classroom Stimulating And Challenging To Children?

Thanks So Much In Advance Xx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 12-04-2013, 02:27 PM

im back again and still cant do it and also got MORE questions which I need help on.

1) what is an effective working partnership

2) identify barriers to partnership workimg?

3) describe why clear and effective communication between partners is required.

I have a placement which i go to 2 days a week, i did miss a lot of placement as I wasn't treated very well at the first placement I went to and had to wait to be moved to a different placement then my mum passed away so that made me miss time aswell. The questions I have come across in these papers are something I've never heard of before. I've seen my 'tutor' if that's what she is less than 5 times. I have a text book but that hasn't helped much.

Once again thanks so much in advance x
Unread 12-05-2013, 10:33 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation
General question

Hi, welcome to silkysteps, part of you response to each of these criteria would and does depend on your workplace practice and the experiences you have in the setting xx

The level 2 handbooks do contain good reading for these units - Heinemann or Cache level 2 on amazon

1) Describe How You Can Avoid Coming To The Wrong Conclusion From Observations?

page 115 of the Heinemann handbook: avoid bias, be objective ie. don't make snap decisions on the information taken from an observation.

Make sure obersavation collect enough information over time to build a whole picture of the child ie. if a child selects cars to play with when there are blocks nearby it doesn't mean the blocks are liked any less than cars or are a more or less challeneging activity. It just means that at moment in time the child is enjoying their interest in cars & specifically what they're doing with the cars:)

Bromley Childminding Association - observing children

2) How Can The Work Setting Encourage Children To Develop Positive Relationships?

pg. 35 , 122 , 124 & 189

Role model the type of behaviour you expect from others.
Be inclusive
Show respect by valuing what's said & done Know what discrimination is and how to work at avoiding it yourself and challenging it appropriately when shown by others.
Be calm
Do show confrontation, defensiveness or aggresion
Share information without being judgemental
Listen to each other
Hear & understand what's being said so it can be acted on.
Make time for each other

3) how Is The Classroom Stimulating And Challenging To Children?

This criteria relies on what happens in your setting. A few aspects that you're looking for is the type of resources in the room or directly outside - bookshelves, toys, seating areas & floor/carpet space. What displays are there on walls, doors & windows? How is supervision & guidance given to children - by adults & children themselves to keep things interesting?

1) what is an effective working partnership
Exactly the opposite of your experience with the first setting.

pg. 255

How you observe children in the setting
How you assess their needs
How you plan their support
and how you implemnt those plans / put the plans into action

2) identify barriers to partnership working?

page 256 of the Heinemann handbook

Barriers include different opinions or views as to how things ought to be done in a setting and why.
Poor communication skills
Language and using jargon that others have not been given an explanation or definition of.

3) describe why clear and effective communication between partners is required.
Everyone is working towards providing the best outcomes for the children in their care, to support parents, have positive working relationships with colleagues and other professionals who's experience and knowledge is valued, respected and can be used in the best interests of the child.

Page 259

I hope this helps a little, if possible get in touch with your course provider so you're able to explain your situation and receive the workplace & learner support you're entitled to xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 12-12-2013, 07:19 PM

Thank you so much for your help. it has helped a lot, think I need to invest in the Heinemann book :) Thanks again
Laura
Unread 02-05-2017, 07:05 PM

chazzar98 is on a distinguished road

can someone help me with this question pleaseeeee 1.4 Identify barriers to partnership working.
Unread 02-05-2017, 08:19 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi on page 256 of the Heinemann handbook

2) identify barriers to partnership working

Barriers include different opinions or views as to how things ought to be done in a setting and why.

Poor communication skills

Language and using jargon that others have not been given an explanation or definition of.

You'll need explain these barriers rather than just list them.

Best wishes xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 02-06-2017, 07:24 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Children matter is on a distinguished road

Try the book: "Childcare Settings" from Amazon