Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 08-25-2012, 12:41 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

pr1nc355sara is on a distinguished road
Default Understanding the needs of children who are vulnerable and experiencing poverty and disadvantage.

I'm on my last assignment and finding it a bit more difficult, well just this one question really as I'm not very good at research!

For this task you will research key national and local policies and guidance documents that seek to address poverty, disadvantage and vulnerability of children and young people.

What is the rationale and history for the existence of such policies and guidance documents?

If anyone can name a few policies or guidance, or point me in the right direction to finding them it would be a great help!

Do they mean things like ECM as a result of Victoria Climbié, if so what, what are local ones as every one I think of like this is national.

Please help fast, I need to be done by the end of the week, and I still have my SEF to complete on top of this assignment!

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-25-2012, 12:51 PM

pr1nc355sara is on a distinguished road

Will this include the Children Act, but if so what is the rationale and history for it?
Unread 09-20-2014, 02:56 PM

lizbeth74 is on a distinguished road

I am strugling with this. I have no idea where to start with it. feeling very disheartened :(
Unread 09-20-2014, 07:58 PM

rotty dog is on a distinguished road

Hi, I found this unit to be the hardest of all, the research is so in depth it can be hard to filter out which bits really answer the questions.
This is what I wrote for 1.3 and 1.4 I hope it gives you some ideas.

1.3 Analyse a strategic national or local policy that has positive impact on outcomes and life chances for children and young people

One national policy is the provision of children's centres
Sure Start Children's centres provide services for families from pregnancy until children reach 19.
They are based in local communities and programmes are set up to meet the needs of the area.
All local families are targeted which means there is no stigma to attending the centres and a good peer support network can develop. Services are all free of charge and easily accessible.

All centres provide:

Family support.
Primary and community healthcare and advice.
Good quality play, learning and childcare experiences for children, both group and home-based
Support for all children in the community, recognising their differing needs.
Others services available might include:
Training
Advice and support with returning to work.
Ante natal support and advice.
Post natal support including breastfeeding support.
Programmes for babies and young children such as baby massage, baby yoga, play sessions.
Programmes for parents such as parenting courses, nutrition, nurturing, fathers groups, support for ethnic minority families.
Health related support from midwives, health visitors and speech and language therapists.

Research has shown that children growing up in areas that have a children's centre:
Experience better physical health than those who do not.
Are provided with a more cognitively stimulating home environment.
Are given less harsh discipline by their mothers.
Have a less chaotic home life.

There was also shown to be a decrease in workless households in areas supported by a children's centre.

1.4. Explain why strategic direction from national and local policy is required to address factors impacting on outcomes and life chances for children and young people and young people

policies ensure that in all local areas there are good quality services in place to families, improving life chances for vulnerable and at risk children and young people.
Investment in early support for these families and children prevents them requiring more expensive crisis intervention further down the line, leading to better social outcomes .
Policies include, Free early education for all three year olds and for two year olds in families who are on a low income or meet other criteria such as having SEN.
The troubled families programme, which aims to reduce anti social behaviour, get children back to school, and reduce the costs that troubled families place on the public sector.
The early intervention foundation which has been set up by the government to ensure that additional support is given to children who need it in a timely manner. It aims to improve children and young people’s social and emotional skills, language and communication, self control and mental health.
Unread 09-20-2014, 08:05 PM

lizbeth74 is on a distinguished road

Thank you. it helps a little. Ive requested a meeting with my tutor to get some guidance on this unit or to change it as its an optional one

liz
Unread 09-20-2014, 08:19 PM

rotty dog is on a distinguished road

I remember wishing I hadn't chosen this unit as well! Hopefully your tutor can help you through it as I think it is worth doing, I know it taught me a lot.