Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD

Lv 5 Diploma & NVQ 4 CCLD Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services and NVQ Level 4 Children's Care, Learning and Development. COPY and PASTE - search for plagiarism to make sure your work remains individual.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 05-27-2008, 07:20 PM
sweeties

K4D932- How to adapt your practice to support the development of creativity for child

hello can anyone help me with this question please i can do the part about adapting practice but is having a blank when i comes to the gender, disabilities etc
K4D932- How to adapt your practice to support the development of creativity for children whom you are responsible, including different ages, genders, ethnicities, needs and abilities, including children with disabilities and special educational needs

thank u

-----------------------------------------

Unread 05-28-2008, 09:50 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Air is on a distinguished road

Hi

Consider the planning and development of activities/experiences that will support the creative development of children, according to their age, needs and abilities.
Think about how your setting facilitates and supports high quality displays of children’s work (where are these displays?) do they support and extend their self-esteem?
Does your setting ensure that opportunities are taken to extend and develop creativity and encourage all children to explore and innovate?

It's about questioning why you do what you do...and considering alternatives...
x
Unread 05-28-2008, 11:31 AM
Butterflyfllutterby

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeties View Post
hello can anyone help me with this question please i can do the part about adapting practice but is having a blank when i comes to the gender, disabilities etc
K4D932- How to adapt your practice to support the development of creativity for children whom you are responsible, including different ages, genders, ethnicities, needs and abilities, including children with disabilities and special educational needs

thank u
When providing activities depending on what they are some children may not readily take part unless you adapt it in some way

e.g not all boys will readily take part in Art/Craft/Mark making activities, what do you do within your setting to encourage their participation? For mark making you may use cars trains etc. with paint, shaving foam.

Disabilities
Children with varying needs will again need extra support e.g a child with Autistic spectrum Disorder who has lots of sensory issues may not like the textures of some messy play, such as shaving foam, gloop etc. but loves food, you could then use food base materials such as custard, yogurt, jelly, cream etc. to try and engage and encourage their participation,even though it may be very small steps at a time.

You basically are looking at your personal experiences or what you would do to ensure the inclusion of all children you care for

Last edited by Butterflyfllutterby : 05-28-2008 at 11:35 AM. Reason: To add some examples
Unread 05-29-2008, 07:36 PM
sweeties

thank u guys that helped alotxx