Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 10-13-2014, 09:57 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Enyajeemia is on a distinguished road
Alert !!! HELP !!!CYP3.1 2.3 (Theorists and Placing into practice)

Morning all!

Im currently stuck on the following question, and have been for over a month. I feel like im banging my head against a wall.

I've taken the course on a loan basis, as im 24 and wasn't applicable for an apprenticeship. Thing is, with doing it via a loan and sourcing the course myself, i don't have the support from a tutor like i did in my level 2. Really regretting it now, wish i hadnt taken it on, feels like a heavy weight on my shoulders, what with now being pregnant too!! STRESSED!!! How am i supposed to answer questions i know nothing about or have any insight into?

The question is this from CYP3.1:

2.3 Explain how theories of development and frameworks to support practice influence current practice.

Ive been given a few names of theorists, but if i search them was told to stay away from Wikipedia as it can never be 100% right. Then i find websites with pages and pages of information, none of which i feel is relevant.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Or give me a slight heads up on what i should be writing about?

Thanks a lot xxx

-AJ,x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-13-2014, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, 'How am i supposed to answer questions i know nothing about or have any insight into?' you'll need to plow a heap of time into research as only then would you of discovered the knowledge that you need to write about alongside the practice you carry out every day, week, month and year in your setting :) xx

If you sourced the course without college or tutor support you might of saved enough money to put it into books.

A good level 3 handbook - cache, heinemann and collins. and theory books - how children learn book 1, book 2, book 3 + understanding child development the theory in practice.

A development book + EYFS and development matters document will all support & expand on the handbook content.

Try to take things slowly, pacing yourself is so important for taking in & understanding what you're reading and even more so if pregnant, look after yourself xx

Best wishes
the cost of ad blockers