Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 12-19-2013, 10:08 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

scoobyfan is on a distinguished road

Thank you for your help. I find this site so helpful and like the other users, I use it for ideas and a push in the right direction, particularly when I cannot seem to find the answers in my workbooks! Keep up the good work

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-19-2014, 04:46 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

suzi lou is on a distinguished road

This website has been a massive help to me,gives me the inspiration when my brain has given up :)
Unread 02-20-2014, 12:29 PM

Elaine Fariss is on a distinguished road

I've been researching theories, lots of reading materials !!!some of it i found really hard to digest but after reading yours i know i am on the right track just need reassuring i was doing it right
Unread 10-21-2014, 10:29 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

fudge007 is on a distinguished road

I love this site, it has also helped me, do I copy the work, no im not that stupid. But it gives good pointers and helps break questions down!!!!!
Unread 10-23-2017, 09:30 PM

suzi lou is on a distinguished road

http://www.silkysteps.com/forum/show...nt+young+child
Unread 03-31-2020, 11:11 AM

sfenna16 is on a distinguished road

hello did you find anything on Erik Erikson? im really stuck! xx
Unread 04-01-2020, 10:59 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, these two quotes may help a little.

Page 337 of the EYE handbook: Erik Erikson's life stage theory of personality has many implications for the way that adults work with children, and this is reflected in current practice. Adults need to make sure that babies have a warm nurturing environment so that they learn to trust.

The EYFS has the key person system to ensure that babies' emotional needs are met and also focuses practitioners on the importance of meeting babies; other needs promptly. In terms of toddlers, it is good practice to provide plenty of encouragement for them as they try to do things for themselves. You may, for example, see that adults allow time for meals for two and three year olds to feed themselves and encourage them to explore materials through open-ended activities such as heuristic and block play. When children are between the ages of four and five, they are encouraged to plan for their play and follow theirinterests, although adults do set boundaries for this. In key stage 1, children are encouraged to take responsibility and also to do tasks for themselved. Teachers also put boundaries in place so that there is a balance.

Page 72 of the Cache level 3 childcare book:

Erik Erikson (1902 - 94) took Sigmund Freud's work as the rock on which he nased his own personality theory. He was also a pupil of Anna Freud, Sigmund's daughter. Erikson concentrated on the superego and on the influence of society on a child's development. He showed how, when we meet a personal crisis or have to deal with a crisis in the world (for example, living through a war), we are naturally equipped to face the difficulties and to deal with them. Erikson thought that there were eight developmental phases during a person's life (five during childhood and three during adulthood). He said that during each phase we have to face and sort out the particular kinds of problems that occur during that phase.
In the days before equal opportunities, Erikson called his developmental stages the Eight Phases of Man.

It is important to bear in mind that theories evolving from Freud's ideas are based on white, middle-class patients in western Eaurope. The theories need to be used carefully for that reason. However, they still seem to be useful in many of in many of Erikson'seight development phases.

1. Babyhood: we have to sort whether we feel a basic sense of trust or mistrust in life. This phase is about being a hopeful person or not.

2. The Toddler and nursery years: we develop either a basic sense of being able to do things ourselves (autonomy), or a basic sense of doubt in ourselves, leading to shame. This phase is about our self-identity.

3. The infant school years: we either take the initiative and go for it or we feel guilty and hold back in case we upset people. This phase is about leading an active life with a sense of purpose, or not.

4. The junior years: we either begin to be determined to master things or we do not try hard in case we cannot manage something. This phase is about becoming skilled.

5. Adolescence: we either begin to be at one with ourselves or we feel uncertain and unsure. We learn to have faith in ourselves, or not.

6. Young adults: we begin to have a sense of taking part in our society and and of taking responsibility in it as a shared venture, or we think only of ourselves and become isolated.

7. Middle age: we begin to be caring of the next generation and the future of our society, or we reject the challenge.

8. Old age: we return to our roots and overcome feelings of despair, disgust about lifestlles or fear of death, or not. This is Erikson's phase of wisdom.

Best wishes
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 04-04-2020, 09:05 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

lealea1979 is on a distinguished road

emziebub88 - Thank you so much for posting your work. i have been stuck on a question for about 4 days. reading you work. helped me so much.