Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 02-13-2013, 09:29 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

babychaz95 is on a distinguished road
Help SOS Please, please help me

I have got 3 assignments out at the moment, and i have spent the last few hours looking over them, and i am so confused.

I dont understand them, and i dont know where to start or what to do.

Can someone please help me with these. Any help with be muchly apreaciated.

The 3 assignments are:
EYMP 1 Context and principles for early years provision
CYPOP 1 work with babies and young children to promote their development (ive done 1.1 fully)
SCMP 2 promote the well being and resilience of children and young people

xxx

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-13-2013, 10:29 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

SammyLowe is on a distinguished road

EYMP 1:context and principles for early years provision
England: EYFS (talk about the areas of development, and what the EYFS does for children, how it helps them)
Talk about the common features of the early years frameworks.
Also, talk about the different approaches and influences on current provisions.(Reggio Emilia, High/Scope, Montessori, Steiner).
Talk about being able to provide environments with in the work setting that support and extend children's development and learning in their early years.
Talk about understanding how to work in partnership with carers (open door policy, observations and assessments, planning and decision making,working alongside practitioners, practitioners learning from carer, the emphasis on personal individual development.
I got all this from the Level 3 diploma book (Children and Young people's workforce) By Penny Tassoni. I would recommend you getting it, I have just got mine from my college library, so you will probably find one in yours, it is really helpful. If you do not have this book,and dont understand it still, message me, and i will help you understand a bit more :)
Hope it helps though
Unread 02-13-2013, 10:45 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

SammyLowe is on a distinguished road

CYPOP 1: Work with babies and young children to promote their development and learning.
Talk about assessments of babies and young children (check-lists, snapshot observations, recording speech). Talk about indoor and outdoor environments, (providing the appropriate level of challenge, and sensory stimulation, quiet calming spaces, environments planned and organised around individual needs,experiencing the outdoors). Also talk about planning play-based activities and experiences based on assessment. (treasure basket play, heuristic play,sensory activities, 'gloop',cooked pasta, water, etc) talk about understanding the attachment needs of babies and young children, talk about the key worker/person system in your setting, (the importance of a loving,secure relationship, provides stability and consistency for the baby/toddler, comforts baby/child when parents leave, provides cuddles and physical reassurance, interacts with the baby, helps the baby/child to sleep and is there when they wake, carries out physical activities with child such as feeding, nappy changing, supports carers, and also liases with carers.
Talk about; being able to engage with babies and young children and being sensitive to thier needs. (listen, give time to respond, cuddle and talk, draw attention to objects and games, rhymes and songs) Be able to work in partnership with carers to promote the learning and development of babies and young children.(involve parents in setting).
Hope it helps. If you need more information, let me know