Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Handbook support for work based learners undertaking level 3 Early Years Educator

Unread 01-28-2014, 09:31 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Smummy123 is on a distinguished road

Hi, just doing task 3 and 4 and I'm finding it a little confusing, explain how to monitor childrens and young peoples development using different methods? It asks for examples of different methods in observe and assess development?? Also examples of record sheets used to record development progress??

And then with task four it wants me to create a fact sheet on the importance of early identification of speech, language and communication delays?

Can any body help!! I'm very confused and cannot read or see any more info correctly lol x x x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-20-2014, 01:29 PM

Suzanne100 is on a distinguished road
Default Help with study house home study course

Hi all, can anyone please help me. I've sent my first assignment off but it's been returned as I've not sent any evidence with it, can anyone please advise on what I need to do please as I keep looking at the paper and not getting anywhere. He picked up on tasks 4 and 10. Would anyone please be able to advise? Thanks for reading and any help is grateful.
Unread 02-22-2014, 11:00 AM

Hi, I'm struggling too, I've had mine returned because I didn't send any evidence in on 2 questions, can you please advise? Thanks x
Unread 02-22-2014, 06:01 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

bestylegs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindamgzs View Post
Hi, is anyone doing their Level 3 Supporting teaching and learning in schools throught study-house. I recieved my pack last week and am struggling to fully understand how to tackle it. I have started with Unit 1 - child and young persons development. To me this seems to be pretty much a series of question and answer tasks, with the info provided in the pack. Im concerned though that i am not approaching it right! Anyone with any help/advice would be much appreciated.
Linda
I have jsut got mine too and rushed through the first Assignment and realised I should have spent more time. There is only 4 Assignments and there must be more to it than that. Anyone else know what else there is to do to complete it?
Unread 02-22-2014, 09:15 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

jessicag is on a distinguished road

Hi there I just got mine back too and got a borderline pass . He also Said I need to show more evidence. I included a candidate report and information of the special needs room that is the the school on my placement . I also took pictures of some flash cards that are used for a special needs boy in my class .
I hope this helps you a little bit. Basically I think you have to gather as much evidence from your placement and do the example candidate,professional discussion reports extra.
It's so hard but I'm Hoping I'll get the hang of it soon. Good luck
Unread 02-22-2014, 09:40 PM

Thanks for replying Jessica, I felt happy with the assignment but it sort of deflates you when you get it returned and found that it wasn't really explained well with what I had to send in again! Glad you got a pass and hope it gets easier for you too. Good luck Hun. Xx
Unread 02-22-2014, 10:10 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

jessicag is on a distinguished road

I know the tutor is not great I've had more help on here. The evidence thing baffles me. I'm dreading the next assignment it took me ages to do the first one .
Unread 02-23-2014, 01:00 AM

Yes I know what you mean, he just quoted the same thing when I emailed him to say I didn't understand what he meant! I've done a couple of days at school but still not clear on what I'm going to report on as it's just a normal school nothing out of the ordinary so still slightly stuck. Frustrating! Xx
Unread 03-18-2014, 08:40 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

sarahfaith399 is on a distinguished road

Hi all, how are we all getting on? Just like Jess I too got a borderline pass with the only help being a quote from the help booklet from the tutor :-(

I am just starting assignment 2, any help/templates/suggestions gratefully received
Unread 03-23-2014, 02:08 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

The following information is from the SQA CCLD 305 unit which helps to show the range and scale of evidence that learners can collect and provide from their workplace practice.

Check or ask your tutor/assessor if in doubt as to which evidence would be the most appropriate to include for a given task/unit/assessment.

Evidence selection 1
Questioning/Professional Discussion: Questions may be oral or written. In each case the question and your answer will need to be recorded. Professional discussion should be in the form of a structured review of your practice with the outcomes captured by means of audiotape or a written summary. These are particularly useful to provide evidence that you know and understand principles which support practice, policies, procedures and legislation, and that you can critically evaluate their application e.g. relevant legislation covering equality/inclusion and children's rights and how these are implemented in your setting, the practical application of legislation covering equality of access.

Evidence selection 2
Products: These are non-confidential records made, or contributed to, by you,
e.g.policies and procedures, inclusion plans, data and evaluations on the effectiveness of your provision in implementing inclusive practice,
plans to provide information about equality of access to children and families who have found services hard to access.

Evidence selection 3
Confidential Records: These may be used as evidence but must not be placed in your portfolio, they must remain in their usual location and be referred to in the assessor records in your portfolio e.g. confidential material about individual children, plans and records of participation for disabled children and children with special educational needs.

Evidence selection 4
Original Certificates and other evidence of prior experience and learning: Where you have relevant prior experience it must match the requirements of the standards. Certificates of training, awards and records of attendance must be authentic, current and valid. Your assessor will also want to check the content of such training so that this can be matched to the standards and check that you have retained and can apply learning to practice, e.g. disability discrimination training, training for special educational needs and codes of practice, child protection training.

Evidence selection 5
Case Studies, projects, assignments and reflective accounts of your work: These methods are most appropriately used to cover any outstanding areas in the knowledge requirement of your award. Assignments covering the safeguarding and protection of children or inclusive practice may provide useful evidence for this unit.

Evidence selection 6
Witness Testimony: Colleagues, allied professionals, children, young people, families and carers may be able to provide testimony of your performance. Your assessor will help you to identify the appropriate use of witnesses.
the cost of ad blockers