Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 10-07-2012, 01:03 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

lindamgzs is on a distinguished road
Default What sort of evidence do you use?

Hi, is anyone doing their Level 3 Supporting teaching and learning in schools throught study-house. I recieved my pack last week and am struggling to fully understand how to tackle it. I have started with Unit 1 - child and young persons development. To me this seems to be pretty much a series of question and answer tasks, with the info provided in the pack. Im concerned though that i am not approaching it right! Anyone with any help/advice would be much appreciated.
Linda

-----------------------------------------

Unread 10-07-2012, 03:31 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

dont you have a tutor? theyd be the best person to ask as every place does it different and online courses tend to skip edges they
should have given you an induction
Unread 10-17-2012, 03:48 PM

Honeybun is on a distinguished road
Whoop whoop - yayy Study House Online Course

Hi Linda
I am also doing this course and just about to finish assessment five.
Firstly get "Supporting teaching and learning in schools" by Louise Burnham. You can get either primary or secondary. I couldn't manage without it.
The questions are pretty much the same as in the file you get.
I was the same when the course files arrived but once you've sent off your frist assignment, had it marked and sent back, you get the hang of it.
I include as much evidence as i can. You can't just answer the questions. Some you can but try to include a variety of evidence. Copies of policies, pictures of you doing activities with the children, examples of work that relate to a question eg Task 6 in assessment one. One child was struggling, possibly on the autistic spectum so i included a professional discussion with the teacher about him and an IEP and copies of some of his work.

You'll get the hang of it. The first one is the worst as there is no one to tell you if you are doing it right or wrong.

Hope this helps

Chris
Unread 10-17-2012, 04:49 PM

Thanks for this! I fear i have messed up the first assignment as havent included any pieces of evidence, other my a few research quotes and relating a couple of things to my placement - ie brief explanation of how we observe children in our nursery - with hindsight a the use of a professional discussion record would have been a good idea! Assuming i can amend/correct where necessary and hopefully use this first assignment as a learning curve!!!

Unread 10-22-2012, 05:16 PM

Hi Linda
The first one is a learning curve but is a relief if ... sorry when... you get it back as a pass.
My philosophy is send as much evidence as you can and hope for the best.
Good luck.
Chris
Unread 10-22-2012, 10:55 PM

Thanks Chris for your support :) Got first assignment back and scraped throught with a borderline pass - lack of evidence but content good. So started next unit and actually feel a bit more knowledgable so hopefully get decent pass next time! No doubt be on again soon looking more advice - lol
Unread 10-23-2012, 05:53 PM

Hi Linda.
Well done. It's a start. Unfortunatly the next two are a bit long winded. Child protection and Health & safety but the potential for lots of evidence. Policies, photographs from around school or nursery, I set up the classroom, once the kids had gone, with potential hazards all over the place and photographed that!!!
Good luck with your next one.
No doubt will speak to you again!!! LOL
Chris
Unread 01-28-2014, 03:59 PM

jessicag is on a distinguished road

Hello I know this is an old post but I have just started this course and I was hoping someone else out there has as well. Maybe we could have a chat as I'm finding it all very overwhelming and have actually cried . Have you two finished your course now?
Kind Regards jess
Unread 01-28-2014, 06:16 PM

Hi Jess

I finished this course last Sept. I'll try to point you in the right direction. Don't worry. We were all like this at the beginning :-)
Unread 01-28-2014, 07:35 PM

jessicag is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much for the reply and well done on finishing that's quite an achievement . Are you working as a TA now? Thank you x