Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 12-30-2011, 03:26 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

susiecute is on a distinguished road
Default Cyp3.7 3.2 Explain Importance Of Positive Attitudes Towards Disability And Specific Requirements

Could someone help me please, trying to finish this one quickly, and if any
one has information on 2.4 how to support children and yp according to age, needs and abilities to make personnal choices and experiences that have a positive impact on their live.

Hope someone can help. Hope you all had a good Christmas.
Happy New Year. Susiecute

-----------------------------------------

Unread 12-30-2011, 03:45 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

Hi Susie,
think about what the child needs for example you would not give the same choices to a child of 5 as you would to a child of 10, a child of 10 could cope with more complex experiences etc hope this gives you some help x
Unread 07-16-2013, 02:22 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

kerensab91 is on a distinguished road

can anyone please give me some info on this question
im banging my head of a brick wall

Why are positive attitudes towards disability and specific requirements important
Unread 07-20-2013, 04:22 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

LKP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerensab91 View Post
can anyone please give me some info on this question
im banging my head of a brick wall

Why are positive attitudes towards disability and specific requirements important
Hi,
I'm not sure if you still need the help, but it's here anyway :)

Think about what would happen if you treated a child in a wheelchair different to someone who wasn't, would that be seen as positive or negative? Perhaps a child has diabetes, would you do a food tasting lesson with things they couldn't possibly eat, therefore they missed out on that activity? A good example to think about is the Olympics and Paralympics last year, not just one were celebrated but both.
By implementing positive attitudes towards disabilities and specific requirements we are not concentrating on what they cannot do but how we can help them achieve what they may lack in doing by themselves. By meeting their needs we are recognising and supporting them rather than singling out as special needs. In my setting, we have a child on the autistic spectrum, with other additional needs including intolerance to many food groups and lack of sensitivity in the jaw. We are aware of the provisions put in place to support him. For example, at snack time as he has certain food requirements, we ensure that they are met and he can sit with others whilst eating with supervision, without making him feel negative or excluding him from the activities other children do because of these requirements.
By doing this we are providing an inclusive setting and children with a disability or specific requirements are building up there confidence and supporting them in their development in which differs to others. This also helps teach other children see that no child is deserves to be treated differently because of their requirements.

hope this helps
Unread 12-21-2016, 04:15 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

kaneez77 is on a distinguished road

2.2 Explain the importance of positive attitudes and respect towards
a. values
b. beliefs
c. cultures
d. religion
e. disability
f. preferences
g. specific requirements
h. family circumstances

Please can someone help mind is totally blank
Thanks
Unread 09-17-2017, 11:07 AM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Charlotteisobelle is on a distinguished road

Hi! Did you manage to get the answer to this as I'm losing the will to live haha�� I'm really struggling so any help would be great! Thank you so much Charlotte x
Unread 12-28-2017, 11:41 PM

student/help is on a distinguished road
I'm confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneez77 View Post
2.2 Explain the importance of positive attitudes and respect towards
a. values
b. beliefs
c. cultures
d. religion
e. disability
f. preferences
g. specific requirements
h. family circumstances

Please can someone help mind is totally blank
Thanks
hey did u manage to get this done? I'm stuck on it
Unread 12-29-2017, 12:56 PM

yes I did which one are you stuck on. I took so long doing this one so I know it does ur head in. have u done any of them from a - h. Sorry which unit was this again.
Unread 12-29-2017, 01:05 PM

Here some of what I have written rest link to ur own practice ok, Hope this helps a lot.

.2 Explain the importance of positive attitudes and respect toward:

Values

Values are about our personal principles and morals. Each child is unique and has their own personal values and beliefs which include their culture, religion and personal experiences that they consider to be important.

Beliefs

Beliefs are an important part of our identity whether they be religious, cultural or moral.

Cultures

When we have a positive an attitude and respect towards the children culture, it helps them develop their identity and self-esteem, also that they belong to the community.

Religion

We should make the children aware of the different religions of the children we have in the setting and teach them how to respect each religion so that the child has a positive attitude and behaviour towards the children with different religions. Disability

disability
It is very important that every child with a disability gets included in everything we do in the setting. The more "you can do it" attitude we give the child he/she will feel included.

Preferences

It's is very important that we discuss the preferences of a child with their parents and then make sure we apply them in the setting. Maybe a child has a nut allergy or is a vegetarian or maybe only eat halal meat.

Specific requirements

The cook in my setting who is responsible for the preparation and handling of food is fully aware of and complies with the regulations relating to food safety and hygiene.

Family circumstances

Every child's development is influenced by their parents and carers, that's why we have the policy to work in partnership with them. Most of the parents do a good job in the care and providing for their children, but some parents are not able to cope so well, this could affect the way a child progresses at home and in the setting.
Unread 12-29-2017, 06:36 PM

student/help is on a distinguished road

hey
thank you so much for your help, i''ve got an idea on what I should be doing now.
much appreciated