Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 01-20-2010, 04:12 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs View Post
I have just finished 305! Wa-hoooooooo
Many congratulations
the cost of ad blockers

-----------------------------------------

Unread 02-19-2010, 02:37 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

shirley3593 is on a distinguished road

Thank you for pleading our case. I have gone back to work after having children and now grandchildren. I have achieved aN NVQ3 in playwork ( I sailed through that no problem) Now am doing NVQ3 in Child care etc.. have managed to cross reference quite a bit. I must be really thick, not having done profiles before, nor referenced to EYFS, I am completely stuffed with a lot of it. Plodding through gently and carefully thankfully to this site.

Would the intellegent, young and knowing ones,please take it easy on this particular old timer. She is in her fifties, got 7 children and 15 grand children and still finding out from this course how to look after children :rotfl:
Unread 03-05-2010, 01:06 AM

jstar is on a distinguished road

Well done sjs! I am days away from handing in a completed portfolio and this site has been such a massive help. I have been slogging away for months at home with very limited support from college and its great how everyone here looks out for each other. Obviously with one rude exception above... ;-)
Unread 03-05-2010, 05:41 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

rhi is on a distinguished road

some people (tutu) just dont seem to understand that some of us have are not very good academically but we have plenty of life experience that some may not.
good luck to all doing NVQ3, its bl&*dy hard work!!
Unread 03-14-2010, 07:45 PM

sarahcrsby is on a distinguished road

Well I'm glad other people feel the same as me - it is the hardest thing I've ever done!!!!
I'm so nearly at the end but I am struggling - its been a nearly epic 2 years of constant coursework which having been rubbish when I was at school hasnt been easy now I'm in my 40's!
Well done all of you! :)
Unread 04-15-2010, 10:05 AM

auntie kay is on a distinguished road

i take my hat off to everyone doing nvq 3. I think if I knew what was involved I would have probably not bothered but I am glad I did. I have learnt so much. Silkysteps has been my lifeline. Well done everyone and keep up all the good work and advice. To anyone thinking about starting do it. Yes it is hard work but worth it in the end.
Unread 04-15-2010, 11:46 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

akel1111 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishfulsinger01 View Post
DON'T MIND ME DOING THIS MAYZO1111----thought of re-editing this for you----so it is easier to digest....LOL!!!

have been thinking about this for a while and getting over run with home work.

i have to list professionals and organisations (defining their roles) within the child protection procedure.

i have written:,
¨Social services
¨Line manager,
¨senco within the school headmaster,
¨Police,
¨ofsted,
¨Doctor,
¨Nurse,
¨Podiatrist
¨nspcc
¨Social worker,
¨Child family services,
¨Nutritionist,
¨Sure start,
¨County council. Are there any more?

This is linked with 305 and is linked with k3p246 k3s252 k3m333
This is a brilliant answer- the detail you have gone into is very painstaking. I hope I don't sound patronising as I mean this compliment most genuinely.
Cheers
Ann
Unread 04-15-2010, 11:47 PM

akel1111 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by akel1111 View Post
This is a brilliant answer- the detail you have gone into is very painstaking. I hope I don't sound patronising as I mean this compliment most genuinely.
Cheers
Ann
The only people I would add would be your Local Safeguarding Children's Board and always your manager.
Cheers
Ann
Unread 04-16-2010, 07:26 PM

super gran is on a distinguished road

well done to all of us ,i am also in my 40's and have just got 2 units to finish ,304 and 305 not looking forward to 305 as it seems like a hard one to do ,but with all the very helpful people on here am sure i will get through it and yes the language on some the questions baffles me , so at least i am not the only one ha ha xxx
Unread 04-17-2010, 01:18 PM

pip squeak is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone

This unit is not as challenging as you think - so if you haven't started it yet keep an open mind. Break it down:

The first two elements are about inclusion - you should be able to x-reference some of these elements to 303 - child observations, next steps, planning and adapting activities to the needs of the individual child/ren. Personal Learning journeys - have you evidence on how you have shared these with children/families. Are they clear and in a language understandable to families or perhaps you have given a verbal explainations to parents/children alongside looking through the journal.

Element 3 - Is your safeguarding training upto date - check the element any areas you are uncertain about research by reading (the NVQ handbook etc) talking to colleagues (safeguarding designated person where you work). Have you any assessor observations - activities helping children to name body parts/care for themselves/make choices and decisions to boost independance, self esteem, confidence?

Once you have completed the elements - start working on the knowledge a number of the criteria may just need a little extension on from your perfomance work in the elements. Then you are left with the uncovered gaps in the knowledge to read up and research into.

Hope this helps
Good luck