Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Bulb Energy - green renewable supporting UK generators

Unread 02-19-2015, 09:35 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

bunnyrabbit is on a distinguished road
Default EYE diploma level 3

Is anyone doing level 3 Diploma for the early years practitioners (early years educator) work based (3605-03).

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-04-2015, 08:44 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

harleyqueen is on a distinguished road

yes i am doin this as well happy to chat about any modules with you.
Unread 03-04-2015, 01:35 PM

Thank you harleyqueen. I am now working on unit 303. do you have any study materials for that?
Unread 03-05-2015, 01:23 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

harleyqueen is on a distinguished road

not really my tutor gave me my brief a couple of weeks ago and told me to look trough it but said that she wasnt really allowed to give much help with this one she coming to observe me on friday for 304 so will be able to get bit more info then will let u no wot she says.
Unread 03-12-2015, 07:37 AM

Thank you. That will be really helpful.
Unread 03-12-2015, 07:44 AM

I am doing unit 301 as well and I am stuck in question 2.3 why it is not always possible to overcome the barriers which may prevent working partnership with parents

Last edited by bunnyrabbit : 03-12-2015 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Specified the question number.
Unread 03-12-2015, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, preview pages 234+ of the classroom learner handbook for early years educator level 3 (link is to amazon.co.uk) offers good reading about the barriers that might exist with partnership working. It doesn't list impossibles or state how these barriers are totally insurmountable rather it identifies the working hours or other commitments that parents could have that might prevent them from becoming as wholly involved with their child's setting as the setting may like.

Other areas are parent's own self esteem and self confidence, not feeling as though they have anything worthwhile or of value to contribute.

Dealing with attitudes often presents challenges as does discrimination. Professional training, skills, the ability to be supportive, find solutions, plus the funding to better this expertise can also present barriers to working effectively with parents.

Parenting styles and approaches to raising children may differ from what practitioner's know to be respectful of children's needs.

Priorities between the setting and parents might differ eg. the balance between spending quality time together and the anxiety or requirement felt to get children to sleep in the evenings or be toilet trained by a particular age may be tilted.

Gaining parental consent and permissions.

Knowledge about how to support children at home may not be as heightened as the information that's acquired and shared in a professional setting where practitioners are submersed in supporting children's care, learning, development and how best to do that eg. the value of books, time together, consistency and routines, all weather play.

The English language and communicating with parents who have an alternative first language or difficulty with reading and writing.

Recognising the information that each of us has, that another may not have is an important aspect of information-sharing. Knowing when to give, what to give and how to ask for information can cause problems.
Preschool parent notice board ideas - google image search

Research links:

The impact of parental involvement Charles Desforges 2003 on PEAL

Provider influence on the home learning environment 2011 on gov.uk

Early home learning matters practice guide funded by the 2009 Government Department for Children, Schools and Families and Poverty & life chances report by Frank Fields MP

Onsite activity ideas to support home-setting communications

Hope this helps a little xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 03-12-2015, 07:07 PM

This one really helped me a lot. Thank you admin.
Unread 03-13-2015, 12:03 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

You're very welcome xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 03-18-2015, 11:29 AM

please help..
who are called as Practitioner in early years school?
Identify barriers which may prevent partnership working for the practitioner