Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 04-24-2013, 12:35 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

sarah8lou is on a distinguished road
Default What can I do???? Any ideas?

Hi guys,

I have my last observation Friday :jump:, yay I have to do two activities.
One about transitions, so I am doing a new baby, as we have lots of pregnant mummies.

The second which I am stuck on , is an activity that maintains SHARED THINKING. I am a bit stumped as to what to do?

I would really appreciated any ideas, .

Thank you. x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-24-2013, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, a constructive/building activity in soil/sand/water with digging, pouring, compacting, turning out, joining, uncovering, collecting hide & find resoures are all good for sustaining the shared thinking associated with discovery and investigation.

What goes where, how, what happens, will it fit, big, small, tight, loose ..

This publication on praticalpreschool 'Using projects to sustain shared thinking has good reading as does the project approach to early years provision on amazon

Hth, best wishes xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 04-24-2013, 08:13 PM

Thank you for your reply. I will have to get my thinking cap on.

We have a lovely large sand pit sunken into the ground that my husband built, so I will try and think of something to do in that.

Hummmm!!!
Unread 04-27-2013, 01:04 PM

Well I had my LAST observation Friday , It went well.

I ended up doing a gardening activity for my shared thinking.

We planted sunflower seeds, bulb can't remem what, and marigold plants. Did they have gardens, what they see around, what plants need to grow and what we need (food/water etc). What the soil was like, what the seeds and bulbs felt like. Did they think they would grow into big or small plants, as big as a house!!! etc etc.

PHEW. Assessor said it was lovely, very well done.

Two professional discussions left and then I have FINSHED THE WHOLE COURSE :jump::jump::jump: