Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 11-24-2016, 05:10 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

mrsbartaimi is on a distinguished road
Help SOS HELP! LEVEL 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in schools

Hi lovely people. I just wondered if there is anyone who can give me a bit of advice before i actually drive myself crackers.

I am currently working on my Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning as a home learning course. I work 3 afternoons volunteering in a primary school.

Im really struggling with some aspects of the course and it seems to be the bits where i need to demonstrate.
For example. For the question "Demonstrate how to identify potential
hazards to the health, safety and security of children or young people,families and other visitors and colleagues"
I drew a diagram of the foundation unit and went round identifying hazards. I then marked these on the diagram and discussed what I thought the hazard was and what I thought could be done to correct it.
My class teacher signed this to say she had witnessed me doing this, and it was a true reflection of what had gone on. The feedback I have had from my tutor is "Thank you for what you have included here, before it can be marked you need to ensure that tasks 5 and 6 are demonstrations of you carrying out these activities and presenting them on an evidence sheet (witness/observation) and the person who witnesses you doing these activities need to sign the sheet and have signed the placement form too please."

I dont actually know what else I can do to demonstrate. Surely I dont have to take selfies of myself with a frowny face pointing at hazards????? My teacher things I have gone above and beyond whats being asked of me and I feel like im going actually a bit bonkers with this. Im waiting for a call back off my tutor but my confidence has really been knocked, and im starting to question everything Ive done for other bits. sorry for the rambling but has anyone got any advice. I feel at my whits end with it all. Thanks x

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-24-2016, 07:53 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi a warm welcome to the site. Did you use the 'evidence sheet (witness/observation) and the placement form' that your tutor provided?

xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 11-24-2016, 08:39 PM

My supervisor has sent in a placement form and it is the same teacher who then signed the presentation I did. I'm doing the course as a home learning course so there isn't anyone coming into the workplace to assess me. I'm struggling to understand how I'm supposed to demonstrate the things they want. I went into so much detail and it's so disconcerting to think it wasn't good enough
Unread 11-24-2016, 10:05 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

if you're using the specific sheets given to you by your tutor/course provider consider if the presentation you created & had signed off was representative of what you do in general, every day practice ie. what an assessor would witness you doing if they did come to observe you in the setting. Would you say the presentation became more like a training, knowledge & understanding exercise than actually evidencing how you identify potential hazards inside the building & outside?

Could you say that now your presentation has made you aware of the potential hazards and how to report them, you'd use that knowledge to ensure the environment was safe? Maybe write a reflective account for an activity that involved tools, cooking, organising PE equipment - keeping areas clear of obstructions, setting things out safely, clearing resources away?

Please don't get disheartened, if this doesn't help please do contact your tutor and explain your confusion. They aren't coming out to visit you so they would be obliged to state exactly what you need you to do in order to meet this criteria.

xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 11-29-2016, 11:04 PM

Thanks for your help! Think im starting to get my head round it all. Not had much input from my tutor though.
Unread 06-17-2018, 04:37 PM

Lennyboy is on a distinguished road

Hi I'm also doing the Cache level 3 award in teaching support and learning in schools (QCF). I'm also doing it online at home. I'm up to the final unit, however eventually the college has sent me some formative feedback and I am struggling to make sense of the feedback, they are asking me to include information that it clearly doesnt ask for in the original question. To make matters worse the school that I was doing voluntary experience in has been shut down, therefore i dont have a placement to refelect my learning and answers from. I am retraining and have studied at Degree level before, working as a skilled professional for many years.
Help please