Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 04-11-2013, 03:46 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Miss K Conway is on a distinguished road
Supporting teaching and learning Level 2 HELP !!

Hi everyone I am new to this so I hope I'm doing this right.
I am really stuck on this question and I could really use some help if you can

3.2 Describe features of an inclusive setting for children and young people.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 04-12-2013, 02:15 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

LKP is on a distinguished road

Hi,
What do you or your colleagues do in you setting to make it inclusive? This could mean you have a diverse range of signs that welcome people into the setting, for example, pictures, writing in different languages. You probably have pictures as well as written labels to help everyone know what things go where. You may accessible access for disabled children/adults so they get around in the setting.
Think about: if a child has English as an additional language, medical needs, special educational needs, alternative beliefs or religion, has a parent/carer with additional needs. And how do you include each of these needs so they are participating within your setting and the activities.
Inclusive practice is where you have thought about everyone's needs so they have a part and are included in that setting to help them develop and learn most effectively.

I am sure there are many things you do that promotes inclusive practice but do not realise it.
Hope this helps
Unread 04-14-2013, 07:54 PM

Miss K Conway is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much you also helped me with the next point 3.3 Describe how inclusion works in own sector of the children’s workforce.
some times it just confuses me how they word the questions. when really I know the answer in simpler terms haha
Thanks for your help
x x x
Unread 04-18-2013, 03:01 PM

soreenaauguste is on a distinguished road

Hello eveyone I have just joined and need some help, I am studying to be a teachers assistant level 2, and am stuck on unit 2.3 Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults. can anyone help with this chapter plzzzzzz
Unread 04-18-2013, 07:10 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

LKP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by soreenaauguste View Post
Hello eveyone I have just joined and need some help, I am studying to be a teachers assistant level 2, and am stuck on unit 2.3 Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults. can anyone help with this chapter plzzzzzz
Hi and welcome I would be happy to help but as I did the CYPW course, I am unsure of the units and questions. Let me know on the questions you are stuck on and i'll see if I can help.
Unread 05-18-2013, 07:22 PM

Neat is on a distinguished road
Help SOS

Hi
i have to do 18 reflective diaries during my level 2 course....but im not quite sure how to go about this. Is anyone else doing these, if so HELP! please
Unread 07-08-2013, 11:05 PM

batz is on a distinguished road

Neat, How are you doing with your reflective diaries? I seem to struggle to get it onto paper! I have had some signed off.
Unread 07-09-2013, 10:15 AM

Neat is on a distinguished road

Not very well even my tutor says they are a nightmare.
I just can't seem to get my head around them! It's a lot of work
Ain't it ?