Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

Al about observations, assessments and planning in the Early Years

Unread 03-04-2012, 04:57 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

mum of three is on a distinguished road
Help SOS level 2 tda 2.4, 2.1 prejudice and discrimination

hi, I am newbie to this wonderful site. I am hoping that someone out there can help me with this question that I am stuck on. Describe ways in which children and young people can experience prejudice and discrimination. I need to hand this assessment cycle in for tomorrow, on a tight deadline!!

Any help will be appreciated.

Panicking like mad, mum of three

-----------------------------------------

Unread 03-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Ajf is on a distinguished road

Hi mum of three
This is what I put
Two ways that children and young people can experience prejudice and discrimination is through direct and indirect discrimination , direct discrimination for example. Name calling because of size , race , religion , disabilities / ability *ie if children are playing basketball and a smaller child wants to play the other children may not let them because they are short , indirect discrimination ie when a child from a different culture will not be exclude but may not want to join in because of their personal beliefs and /or their situation , by promoting inclusion it can be very helpful to the child's/children's well being and benefits the child/children in the long run . Hope this helps
Unread 03-05-2012, 10:21 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

mum of three is on a distinguished road

thank you, very grateful!
Unread 03-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

cookie74 is on a distinguished road

hi

these are just a few examples

children can experience discrimination and prejudice through not being allowed to take part in certain activiteis because of the way they are (disabled, behind in development). children can be judged on how they look or how their parents decide to raise them, changing how people think the child will be. children may be discriminated against because of their/ their parents beliefs and views, they may have to sit out of certain holiday activities because they do not celebrate it.

hope this helps :)