Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 2 Cert & NVQ

Level 2 Cert & NVQ Level 2 : NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development & Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce. Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. This is plagiarism, it risks you failing the course and doesn't help anyone develop their professional knowledge.

New level 2 Diploma for Early Years Practitioner textbook

Unread 12-27-2012, 02:05 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

lizzyanne22 is on a distinguished road
Default level two assignment 005 please help!!

hey guys,
so im relatively new to this. i did my first assignment on e.r.r no problems.
then my assessor messed up and gave me the wrong assignment and now i have 005 but im struggling stupid amounts. any help would be greatly appreciated. heres the task:

Complete the following four tables showing the different stages of development against the different ages, and identify how development is holistic by showing links to other developmental aspects.

1. Physical development
2. Intellectual development
3. Communication development
4. Social, emotional and behavioural development

It then goes up in:

0 – 3 months
3 – 6 months
6 – 9 months
9 – 12 months
1 – 2 years
2 – 4 years
4 – 7 years
7 – 12 years
12 – 16 years
16 – 19 years

I can do the descriptions of the stage, as i had to do that in the wrong assignment that i was given as i started it assuming it was the right one. but the end section is totally baffling me.

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-07-2013, 11:09 PM

CYPW is on a distinguished road

Hi, If you have the book "Children & Young People's Workforce Level 2 Certificate" Its all in there. Hope that helps. :)
Unread 01-12-2013, 01:21 PM

lizzyanne22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYPW View Post
Hi, If you have the book "Children & Young People's Workforce Level 2 Certificate" Its all in there. Hope that helps. :)
Thank-you :) i might have to order this, my assessor told me to get the level three as the majority is in there. There is a lot in in but not specifically what i need :(
Unread 04-09-2013, 05:35 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

sian04 is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I have just done this, it has not been checked but this is what I have done-
I made a chart for each development area, I had the age column, three for examples and then a column for how one can affect another...... we were told that as long as you had at least three examples of how one aspect affects another then that would be enough.
If you have a child that is physicaly impaired (physical) this could affect their self esteem (emotional) or their ability to interact in certain outings outside of school (social)
Unread 07-07-2013, 05:50 AM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

drstepper is on a distinguished road

Also struggling with this section especially with COMMUNICATION DEVELOPMENT and finding a different stage of development against all the different ages and then showing links to other areas.

Have found the following examples so far for Communication development:
0-3 months
Cries when basic needs require attention, for example hunger, tiredness, distress
3-6 months
Becomes quiet and turns head towards sound of rattle near head

Still have the following age ranges to complete:
6-9 months
9-12 months
1-2 years
2-4 years
4-7 years
7-12 years
12-16 years
16-19 years