Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Car journeys, beach time or under the shade of a garden canopy, enjoy  Amazon's Audible anywhere

Unread 11-18-2011, 02:14 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

NatNoodles is on a distinguished road
Default Duty Of Care...SHC34: 3.2

Explain the main points of agreed procedures for handling complaints.

SHC 34 3.2

I have basically said that it is important to have the right procedures in place in order to recieve, investigate and resolve any complaints but what else can I say here....any help much appreciated?

Thank you :)

-----------------------------------------

Unread 11-18-2011, 05:08 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

================================================== ========
EDIT: this 2011 thread reflects content of Englands 2008 EYFS framework please refer to the newer 2014 EYFS
================================================== ========

Hi, a warm welcome to silkysteps.

This is from the 2008 eyfs' statutory framework

Quote:

Registered providers must put in place a written procedure for dealing with concerns and complaints from parents and keep a written record of complaints and their outcome *1.

Registered providers must investigate all written complaints relating to the requirements and notify complainants of the outcome of the investigation within 28 days of having received the complaint.

Registered providers must provide Ofsted, on request, with a written record of all complaints made during any specified period, and the action which was taken as a result of each complaint.

Independent schools must ensure that the complaints procedure they are required to have in place for the rest of the school also applies to their early years provision.

The record of complaints should be kept for at least three years.

*1.Childminders are not required to have written policies and procedures. See paragraphs 3.8 and 3.9.

Page 45 CYPW level 3 Heinemann handbook may help further

Do you have a copy of your setting's or placement's complaints procedure to use as reference?

Hth
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 11-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Hi

you need to also look through your complaints policy and procedure this will help you make sense of this question and give you more detail on what you have to do.

Lynne
Unread 01-14-2012, 03:09 PM

NatNoodles is on a distinguished road

Thank you everybody, this unit was handed in just before Christmas and is now completed, first assignment and all good. :)
Unread 10-01-2012, 02:15 PM

sarahwcypw3 is on a distinguished road

i am hitting a brick wall on 3.2 the main points of agreed procedures for handling complaints.
i haven't yet received my settings policy and procedures to look through ans cant seem to find hardly anything online
thank you!
Unread 10-03-2012, 12:07 PM

hartley is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahwcypw3 View Post
i am hitting a brick wall on 3.2 the main points of agreed procedures for handling complaints.
i haven't yet received my settings policy and procedures to look through ans cant seem to find hardly anything online
thank you!
Hi , the Statutory framework for the EYFS has complaints in it . Also in my complaints I have put that I will investigate any complaints relating to the EYFS and notify the complainant within 28 days. If its a formal complaint Ofsted have to be notified within 14 days . You must keep a record of all complaints and their outcomes for at least 3 years. Ofsted will be provided with a written copy of the complaint . You have to record
the name of the complainant
which EYFS requirements it relates to
the nature of the complaint
the date and time of the complaint
any action taken in response
the outcome eg ways your service has been improved
details of information and findings that were given to the complainantincluding any action taken
if it cant be resolved you give the complainant Ofsteds contact details
hope this helps
Unread 10-09-2012, 01:19 PM

sarahwcypw3 is on a distinguished road

thank you for your help! x
Unread 10-10-2012, 05:07 PM

hartley is on a distinguished road

You are most welcome
Unread 10-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, to add on, the OFSTED poster enables parents to know how they can get in touch and fulfils Complaints 3.74 pg 28 of the England's 2012 eyfs framework

If you search for '14 days' in the pdf you'll find the occasions where this time frame applies for notifying ofsted. To launch the search pane, have the pdf open and then press your keyboard's ctrl and F key together.

xx
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 04-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Angelikac77 is on a distinguished road
Default need help with this question

I am working as a nanny I really stuck with this questions SHC34 )3.1,3.2.) Complaints policy or procedure and explain how wrote it and use it with parents.