Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

Discover the different ways that children learn

Unread 08-07-2014, 05:37 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

MidgetVic is on a distinguished road
Default Which Book to Buy Level 3 Diploma

Hi, was just wondering if anyone can recommend which books to get for my Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young Peoples Workforce, distance learning Course. I have been looking at the Child Development: An illustrated guide 3rd Edition by Carolyn Meggitt but not sure whether to get the Level 3 Children and young peoples workforce (Early Learning and Childcare) By Penni Tassoni??????? Which one?? Or if anyone can recommend anything else. Needing Birth-19 Thanks

-----------------------------------------

Unread 08-07-2014, 05:39 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

WHY are you doing that course!!!! it ends on august 31st and the new course will have a license to practice this one wont unless you've already started that is.
Unread 08-07-2014, 05:55 PM

I have already started it, just a little late buying books, thought online info would help but realise need books too

Last edited by MidgetVic : 08-07-2014 at 05:59 PM. Reason: added info
Unread 08-07-2014, 07:15 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

dottie13 is on a distinguished road
Default level 3 book

i am doing the level 3 course. Children and young peoples workforce(early learning and childcare) is the book you need, its by Penny Tassoni. recommended by my tutor who has done these courses for years. It will have all the info u need, put it in your own words. Do research on internet as well. hope this helps.
Unread 08-07-2014, 07:23 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

buy the CACHE one not the heinemann one it is much better. (tutor who has taught these courses for years) in fact i can sell you one for a tenner! don't buy a new one you will never need it again the law will all be different by end of the year. if you event done child development then the meggit book is excellent my students buy it and use it for years in practice.
Unread 08-07-2014, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutu View Post
buy the CACHE one not the heinemann one it is much better. (tutor who has taught these courses for years) in fact i can sell you one for a tenner! don't buy a new one you will never need it again the law will all be different by end of the year. if you event done child development then the meggit book is excellent my students buy it and use it for years in practice.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1...HM2VRF373HFP5S
Is this the one????