Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Get in touch for help, resource suggestions and to support the site with a donation
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's early years foundation stage framework Shop with amazon.co.uk and meet all your setting's needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Training, Qualifications & CPD > Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ

Level 3 Diploma EYE NVQ Level 3 support for: NVQ Children's Care, Learning and Development, Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce, England's Early years Educator qualification Please DO NOT COPY and PASTE information from this forum and then submit the work as your own. Plagiarism risks you failing the course and the development of your professional knowledge.

The hairy spiders rhyme.

Unread 01-10-2012, 06:42 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road
Default the VERBS and definitions you need to know for the level 3.

these are produced by CACHE see for example the word explain, it says DETAILED

Apply Explain how existing knowledge can be linked to new or different situations or in practice.

Analyse Break the topic down into separate parts and examine each part. Show how the main ideas are related and why they are important.

Assess Estimate or make a judgment.

Carry out Complete a task or activity.

Clarify Explain the information in a clear, concise way.

Classify Organise according to specific criteria

Collate Collect and present information arranged in sequence or logical order

Compare Examine the subjects in detail looking at similarities and differences

Conduct Carry out

Critically compare Examine in detail and consider the similarities and differences and identify the positive aspects and limitations

Consider Ponder, contemplate, study in order to make a decision

Co-ordinate Organise people, information or a situation so that there is an effective outcome

Demonstrate Apply skills in a practical situation or show an understanding of the topic

Describe Write or speak about the topic or activity giving detailed information

Develop To identify and build on a topic, plan or idea

Diagnose Identify the cause based on valid evidence

Differentiate Identify the differences between two or more things

Discuss Give a detailed account including a range of views or opinions

Distinguish Explain the difference between two or more items, resources, or pieces of information.

Draw conclusions Identify outcomes, which could lead to recommendations

Engage Work in conjunction with, or work together with, or ensure participation in

Estimate Give an approximate decision or opinion using previous knowledge or experience

Evaluate Review evidence from different perspectives and come to a valid conclusion or reasoned judgement

Explain Make clear detailed information giving reasons, and showing how or why

Extrapolate Identify relevant points using the information available

Identify recognise, list, name or otherwise characterise - source

Illustrate Give clear information or description with examples (e.g.: spoken, written, pictures, diagrams)

Implement To fulfil, perform or carry out a plan, action, task or procedure

Interpret Explain the meaning

Investigate To examine, study or inquire systematically

Judgment Form an opinion or make a decision based on evidence

Justify Give a satisfactory explanation for actions or decisions
Listen Hear what is said

Monitor Watch the progress of

Plan Organise information in a logical way using an appropriate format.

Perform Think about and organise information in a logical way

Prepare Get ready

Produce Carry out or do

Take an action Follow an instruction

Provide Make, create, bring or find through learning or creative ability

Record Preserve in writing or by other methods

Recognise Acknowledge validity - know from before

Report Produce a detailed account or statement describing an event, situation, or activity

Review and revise Look back over the topic or activity and make or identify adjustments, changes or additions that would improve the topic or activity

Reflect Learners should look at their action or experiences or learning and think about how this could inform their future action, learning or practice

Respond To take action. Reply or answer

Summarise Give the main ideas or facts in a concise way

Supervise Have responsibility for overseeing people’s performance whilst offering support.

Undertake Agree to take on and carry out the task

PHRASE DEFINITIONS

Risk-taking
means being aware of the potential hazards but still carrying on with the activity.
source

Well-being may include aspects that are:
Spiritual
Emotional
Cultural
Religious
Social
Political
Sexual
Physical
Mental
source

Active participation; is a way of working that recognises an individual’s right to participate in the activities and relationships of everyday life as independently as possible; the individual is regarded as an active partner in their own care or support, rather than a passive recipient.
source

Sustained shared thinking:
Making suggestions
Asking questions
Listening to children's individual views
Responding to those individual views showing that their ideas and views are valued . It produces hard

Quantitative research is
is about measuring. It produces hard facts and figures, and uses statistics and numbers to draw conclusions and make an analysis. Many researchers in the field of health and social care use quantitative approaches and produce quantitative data. They may carry out ‘experiments’ using many of the rules of scientific investigation. In general, if you are reading research that provides statistics and numerical information and is based purely on facts, it is likely to have used one of the quantitative approaches. Many government publications are good examples of quantitative research – they give statistics in relation to the National Health Service, for example, such as the numbers of patients on waiting lists, the numbers having a particular operation or the numbers or the numbers of residents in nursing homes throughout the country.
SOURCE: Pearsonschoolsandfecolleges' sample chapter SCH32 Engage in personal development book chapter - buy the CYPW book on amazon

Qualitative research A qualitative approach looks at the quality rather than the quantity of something. It could be used, for example, to investigate the feelings of people who have remained on the waiting list for treatment, or people’s attitudes towards residential care, or the relationships between those in residential care and those who care for them. Generally, qualitative data is produced in words rather than figures and will consist of descriptions and information about people’s lives, experiences and attitudes.

Your work practice should be updated and improved as a result of reading research articles, watching TV programmes and attending training days. It is often difficult to find time to keep up to date and to change the practices you are used to. Any form of change takes time and is almost always a little uncomfortable or unusual to begin with. You will need to make a very conscious effort to incorporate new learning into your practice. You need to allocate time to updating your knowledge, and incorporating it into your practice. You could try the following ways to ensure that you are using the new knowledge you have gained.

SOURCE:
Pearsonschoolsandfecolleges' sample chapter SCH32 Engage in personal development book chapter - buy the CYPW book on amazon

-----------------------------------------

Unread 01-23-2012, 10:58 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

I've only just seen this sorry, stickied
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 08-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

charliechip is on a distinguished road

Thanks this is very useful, sometimes i just seem to read and re read the question and feel like I am getting know where.
I wonder sometimes how much the assessor is wanting me to write, for instance "explain" well i can explain things but i wonder how much they want, "Summarise" this is to me concise and straight to the point - not to waffle as I usually do!! :)
Unread 08-15-2012, 04:21 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

charlotte1001 is on a distinguished road

I often struggle with this to (Mainly the describe, although it seems the easiest.)
Like for instance; 054 3.1- Describe how to respond to complaints.

(This was my answer)

I would respond to complaints by;
 Listening carefully
 Ensuring confidentiality
 Providing a quiet place in the environment
 Giving the complainant time and respect
 Recording the information
 Reporting to a senior member of staff
 Accessing the complaints policy and ensuring the complainant has a copy
 Ensuring all parents are made aware of the policy and its content on first contact, with easy accessibility always.
 Ensuring the complainant knows what will happen next.

My assessor sent it back to me and told me this is not describing! and has asked me to do it again.

(I dont quite know what else to do)
Unread 08-15-2012, 09:05 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, the information you've posted is excellent to use as a checklist for how you personally manage complaints, it's a list that you could take with you when you're about to settle into a new position or to help make the transition from one set of procedures to a new set or assess new responsibilities.

How you put the list into practice will depend on each individual setting that you work in.

Maybe add extra information to describe what happens by identifying the different forms used in the setting for formal/informal complaints, describe where they're kept, who has access to them and how this ensures confidentiality, who handles complaints eg. manager, designated officer, and deals with the process from submission to resolution/action plan. Where is your quiet place to make complaints, explain how this privacy, time and respect provides the opportunity to express exactly what the grievance is and how by enabling this ability to communicate it supports your parent partnerships.

Hth
the cost of ad blockers
Unread 08-15-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlotte1001 View Post
I often struggle with this to (Mainly the describe, although it seems the easiest.)
Like for instance; 054 3.1- Describe how to respond to complaints.

(This was my answer)

I would respond to complaints by;
 Listening carefully
 Ensuring confidentiality
 Providing a quiet place in the environment
 Giving the complainant time and respect
 Recording the information
 Reporting to a senior member of staff
 Accessing the complaints policy and ensuring the complainant has a copy
 Ensuring all parents are made aware of the policy and its content on first contact, with easy accessibility always.
 Ensuring the complainant knows what will happen next.

My assessor sent it back to me and told me this is not describing! and has asked me to do it again.

(I dont quite know what else to do)
i would agree this isn't describing it is listing. describe means to say what you would do so for example
recording the information i would do this by........

making a list demonstrates very little knowledge so the describe component is important.

on my classroom wall i have three huge posters which say
HOW WHY and BECAUSE if an answer doesnt have these in then it is probably insufficient .

good luck!
Unread 08-15-2012, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthierhyme View Post
I've only just seen this sorry, stickied
and have just got this years cache standards and they've taken this list out! its the most useful list and i drum it into then learners the first few weeks. it was such a good resource!
Unread 09-28-2012, 01:13 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

KristyC is on a distinguished road

That list is so useful. I'm sorry I've only just found it. Really helps understand what type of answer the different questions require.
I've had trouble wording the ones that begin analyse but think I have a better idea now.
Unread 08-03-2015, 03:09 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

lauri3ann is on a distinguished road

This is great thank you. I find doing a course where I am not with other learners or tutors on a regular basis the 'wording' of things confuses me so this helped a lot! ..Can anyone tell me what i should put when the 'answer' was an observation or has been assessed by my tutor please? :-)