Welcome to Silkysteps forums - early years resources and online community. Please find help and support for preschool planning, ideas and activities for children's play Online resource links to support the level 3 Children and Young People's Workforce
Silkysteps - click to visit the home page Buy & download printable activity ideas for children, young people and adults What's new - find all the latest updates and activity adds Plan ahead with links to England's revised early years foundation stage framework - 2014 Please visit and shop with amazon.co.uk to find suppliers for all creative and care needs

Go Back   Silkysteps early years forum - planning ideas for play > Welcome to silkysteps' Early Years Forum > Early Years Discussion Forums > Parent, Baby & Toddler

Parent, Baby & Toddler Discuss all issues surrounding your toddler groups and baby news

Playdough flower and holly leaf printables

Old 09-27-2011, 11:01 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

jerseycow is on a distinguished road
Default Reflux

I was wondering if any one has experience with reflux? I have a new key child starting in baby room who will be 10-11 months. The baby's parents mentioned to my manager that he has quite bad reflux and takes medication with all his milk which improves but doesnt completely get rid of it. Obviously I would have asked the parents more about it had I been told while they were there but she only told us after they had left and we wont see them again until he starts! (if there was an angry siley it would be here...)
I know the basics from looking online but would like some first hand advice if anyone has any please!
Old 09-28-2011, 10:26 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, go through your line of management to see how the setting can access the local health visitor. They should be able to guide you with medical advice for reflux in general that you can then translate to practice - this provides an external point of reference for professional support and shows how you take a multi agency approach to care provision.

Have you reported a concern to your manager? is it possible they have ideas they've not yet shared?

Let us know how it goes xx

silkysteps' support page thank you for your generosity
Old 09-28-2011, 10:09 PM

Ah thank you, using an external person could also come in handy if I get to do my NVQ 4 soon... To be honest the manager is pretty much leaving it to us, she didnt even think to tell any of us (baby room staff) we just saw our allergy and medical list had been updated and asked her about it. My room leader suggested looking online so I will see what she thinks about involving others.
I will keep you updated x
Old 10-08-2011, 06:02 PM

Well I suggested using a health visitor to my room leader and manager and they just gave each other a look and kind of rolled their eyes......so I did some more research, printed it and showed them how a baby with reflux is not just 'a sicky baby' and they decided to arrange an extra visit for him so that we can discuss his individual needs.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:37 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

hmm the look of unity. Well done on getting an assessment in place
xx

silkysteps' support page thank you for your generosity