View Single Post
Unread 02-21-2012, 08:26 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

hanaaa.a is on a distinguished road

I put.......................

Make sure that I am aware of, and follow, organisational health, safety and security procedures before I start work.

Ensure that before I begin any work activities I check and use any risk assessments examine the areas in which I work and any equipment I have to use to ensure that they are safe, hazard free and conform to legal and organisational requirements for health and safety remove, where possible, hazards that might pose a health and safety risk to myself and others.

Take account of individuals' needs, wishes, preferences and choices, while ensuring my own and the safety of individuals, key people and others when carrying out my work activities.

Operate within the limits of my own roles and responsibilities in relation to health and safety.

Seek additional support to resolve health and safety problems where necessary.

Report health and safety issues to the appropriate people and complete health, safety and
security records according to legal and organisational requirements.

Minimise risk

Identify and work with others to minimise potential risks in the place where I am working.

Ensure that my own health and hygiene does not pose a threat to others.

Ensure that the appropriate people know where I am at all times.

Check for hazards and health, safety and security risks while I am working, taking appropriate action if there is the likelihood of an accident, injury or harm.

Check that people who are present have a right to be there.

Use approved methods and procedures when undertaking potentially hazardous work activities, including using correct moving and handling techniques wearing correct personal protective clothing appropriate to the situation, environment and activities using and storing equipment and materials dealing with spillages and disposal of waste.

Take appropriate and immediate action to deal with health and environmental emergencies, including fire, security, serious and minor accidents and first aid.

Record and report on incidents and emergencies accurately, completely, within confidentiality agreements, and according to organisational and legal requirements.