View Single Post
Unread 06-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Heidi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurjam View Post
i am answering the question - evaluate how learning practices have effected practice....

my tutor said to do it as a reflective account but i just do not know where to start, can someone gives me any ideas of where to start ?
thank you

Yes, you can do it as a reflective account - every time you go into work, you practise/carry out your skills whether that is settling a new child in, helping children in creative activities etc.

Everytime you do something such as a painting activity (say over months/years etc) probably without even thinking you may be adapting - something that may be beneficial to you and the other adults (perhaps the way you prepare things) or it may beneficial for an individual child - say you've notice that very small children can't reach the easel, so you will adapt or change either by resourcing a smaller easel so they can reach, or if it is something that is presently too expensive, you'll think about it and think if we hold the paper lower down with a bulldog clip on the side (perhaps not ideal, but they can reach it).

Evaluate - it's all about reflecting - what have you done- that you thought needed changing, had to be changed or adapted? and how did that alter/effect your future/current practice. Did you carry on the old way or the new method and continue to evaluate for any possible improvements or changes you have to make for whatever reasons.

Don't forget to give an example for every answer/statement - writing down an answer proves you've read it somewhere and can copy it out; writing of an example - something that you (or other practitioners) have carried out in your setting shows you understand what they are asking and are able to use in your own practice.