View Single Post
Unread 10-05-2021, 09:50 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Hayley Sharpe is on a distinguished road
Default Last Module Help Please

Hi all,

At last I've reached my final unit, what a challenge it’s been.
I know that we are all so busy but I would really appreciate some help in completing my last question, as shown below:

‘To summarise theoretical perspectives on reflection in relation to professional development, join in an online forum with your peers to discuss the importance of reflection in relation to professional development’.

I personally believe that reflection is an important part of working within an early years setting to ensure that we are continuously undertaking best practice. As a practitioner myself within an early years setting, we have a responsibility to continually review what we do, not only to maintain best practice but also to enable us to identify any improvements to enhance the quality of the setting.

I have researched different theoretical perspectives including David Kolb who is an American educational theorist. He believed Learning is the process whereby knowledge is created through the transformation of experience. Kolb is best known for the development of the Experimental Learning Model. He believed by having a key knowledge of diverse concepts, these can be interpreted to match a series of different situations.

I really like his theory as it is how I personally like to reflect.
Just wondered what your thoughts are and would appreciate you input/support.

Thank you in advance,
Hayley

-----------------------------------------