View Single Post
Unread 07-29-2011, 07:49 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

tinajpatterson is on a distinguished road

Welfare requirements were bought in, in September 2008 as part of the EYFS welfare requirements and are compulsory. Theses are split into 5 groups which our operational planning covers.
Safeguarding and promoting children’s welfare has legal and statutory guidance general legal requirements cover and the provider must take necessary steps to safeguard and promote the welfare of children. The provider must promote the good health of children and take necessary steps to prevent cross infections, and take appropriate action when they are ill. Children’s behaviour must be managed effectively and in a manner appropriate for their stage of development and particular individual needs.
Specific legal requirements and statutory guidance covers safeguarding, information and complaints, premises and security, outings, equality of opportunities. Medicines, illness and injuries, food and drink, smoking, behaviour management.
These cover the many day to day activities we provide. Some of the above are covered in unit 076.4.1
Suitable people include vetting procedures, health, training levels, qualifications and ratio and staff qualification levels.
Suitable premises covers children are looked after that premises and environments are safe checks are mentioned in unit 076 4.1.risk assessments
Organisation this is more to do with the promotion of learning and development. This is where planning and organising of settings systems provide each child with fun, yet challenging learning and development experiences to meet the child’s individual needs. Like key workers promote equality of opportunities and anti-discriminate behaviour, sensitive observations, fire detecting equipment, suitable for all users. Meets all the health and safety regulations.
Documentation records and documentation that is kept in the setting referring to policies and procedures required for the safe and efficient management of the setting and to me children’s individual needs. All records are kept in accordance with the data protection act 1998 and the freedom of information act 2000 and children must have certain data kept on them at the setting. Such as their name, date of birth, and address, emergency contact details. Risk assessments, registers, ofsted reports
Lines of reporting and responsibility within the work setting I have to report to my line manager or the deputy manager. My setting also has a health and safety officer, fire officer, child protection officer.
this is what i think