View Single Post
Unread 03-26-2014, 01:44 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

pennytereser is on a distinguished road

hi this is what i put for 1.2 and my assesser as ckecked it and she said it was fine hope it helps
1.2 – Explain the importance of promoting the rights of all children and
young people to participation and equality of access

All children should have the right to access to an education regardless of their background, race, gender, additional needs or disability.

Every child has the right to learn and should not be discriminated against. They should be allowed to participate in all school activities whether they need additional support or if they need the environment to be changed because they need wheelchair access or they need the tables to be lower show that they can work.

Children and young people should not need to in different schools because they need additional needs or because they have a disability they should be able to go to a mainstream school that can be adapted to meets their needs and only go to a special educational needs school if needed.
In my school we have inclusion links with other mainstream schools where some of our children and young people go to a mainstream school for part of the week and that children from mainstream schools come to us for part of the week as well. We have had some children and young people that have left our school to go to a mainstream school permanently because their education is now at the stage of their age group.

can anyone help with 1.3 Explain the importance and benefits of valuing and promoting cultural diversity in work with children and young people please i have only got this unit left to do and i have finished my course thank you