View Single Post
Unread 08-30-2011, 08:20 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Mouseykins is on a distinguished road

I've got the Level 3 Diploma Book called Children and Young People's Workforce by Penny Tassoni. It was brilliant for this question, and most of the other questions I've done too! Highly recommended!

SCH 31
Quote:
Page 3
Communication affects relationships in the work setting
In order to work effectively with children, young people and their families, and so that we can plan for and meet their needs, it is essential to establish good relationships with a range of people. Relationships and communication skills go hand in hand. Practitioners who have good communication skills are likely to have gstrong relationships with children, parents and other adults. This is because relationships are influenced by the body language, facila expression and ways in which others listen and talk to you, that is the way they communicate ( see Unit CYP 3.5 on establishing positive relationships with children and others).
"Professional relationships and communication are pivotal in the early years sector" Tassoni 2010
Communicating with everyone in the workplace is influenced by having good relationships, they imapct on how I'm able to

Share and gain information
Help with settling in to reassure the children and parents
Support children's play and learning
Help transitions go smoothly
Work effectivly as a team

page 4 of the book gives an explanation for each of those areas