View Single Post
Unread 07-13-2011, 07:52 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

wendy bob is on a distinguished road

hi tina

B/ examples of how services for children and young people and their carers take account of and promote equality, diversity and inclusion to promote positive outcomes.

My setting
By treating all families equally this as a positive impact on the child because they can see that their family is being respected and will raise the child’s self esteem. In my setting we promote different cultures and religions every year we celebrate the Chinese New Year and children are taught about some of their traditions and we make dragons and red envelopes with money in and this year in PE we even used materials for the children to dress at dragons and do a dance. We celebrate DIWALI and make lamps and we also did Indian dance in PE. My setting provides excellent equipment and resources to enable children to be included and the correct training of staff. We have wall displays about others counties and provide many books on other cultures and religions in the library we display work the children have done for parents to see. We adapt activities to meet the needs of the child and also adapt ways of communicating including visual aids, body language, and speaking slower and face-to-face.

Speech therapists promote this by providing different types of communicating methods. With the child and the parents.

Behavioural support will come into school and give information and advice on the best ways to tackle bad behaviour and they will also work with the parents/carers.

Education support services will monitor attendance and provide a link between school, parent/carers and pupils where necessary and they will develop a supportive relationship between them. They will give advice on issues such as bullying and also they will take legal action against parents/carers if their child is not accessing an education.

All these services aim to promote positive outcomes for all children and parents/carers
hope this helps a little x