View Single Post
Unread 09-14-2017, 12:56 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Leoni87 is on a distinguished road

This question has several parts. The first thing to do is to break it down and understand what it is actually asking you.

The key word here is ANALYSE. The definition of analyse is to break the topic down into separate parts and examine each part. Show how the main ideas are related and why they are important.

The next word is correlation. This just means the relationship or connection between the two. Do they follow the same path, based on the same principles etc.?
Are the local guidelines based around the national guidelines and legislation? If so, how?

You will need to research national guidelines and legislations, local procedures and your settings policies and procedures in relation to the topic.

The last part of the question is asking you how these guidelines impact your settings policies and procedures. How do they influence/affect the policies and procedures that are in place in your setting?

Legislation is law so must be adhered to. Guidelines are there to give an idea and suggestions, they can be interpreted and used as a platform to help shape policies and procedures.

Lastly you need to say how all the separate parts are related and why they are important. In regards to children's care, development and learning, everything is linked. Development affects learning, care affects learning etc.

When I was doing my course, I realised you have to try and cut through the confusing way the questions are phrased and understand what the question is really asking. If you look at this question again, what it is really asking you is this:
What is the connection between national guidelines/ legislation and local guidelines, break down that connection in separate parts, inspect these parts thoroughly and explain why each part is there (what does it mean? What is the reason for it?) then look at how these guidelines and legislation affect the settings policies and procedures and explain how the main points are related and why these points are important.

Good luck �� I really hope this helps!!!
Please let us know how you get on!!

Leoni. ❤️

Last edited by Leoni87 : 09-14-2017 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Sorry �� using a phone to post is not ideal.