View Single Post
Unread 01-27-2014, 06:54 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

diaros is on a distinguished road

Every one working with children had a duty of care towards them and the safety of the children is of paramount importance
According to the UN convention of children’s right children and young people have the right to learn and develop, the right to be protected from harm and make choice. Children learn to and develop by making choice, exploring and experiment the environment around but they do not necessarily have the skill and judgement to make the right choice all the time. As a practitioner we must be there to support them by giving them the skill for example a child should not be stopped from playing with spade and planting vegetable outside but instead must be provided with child size tool, show them how to dig the soil and plat and supervise the child when doing so thus minimizing the risk and if any accident do happen there is always a qualified first aider to deal with it.
As a practitioner we need to give children that freedom to explore experiment and make choice but also make sure that the risk is managed by doing risk assessment and adult supervision. Children are bound to have accident when learning new thing but they must not stopped from doing so but we must look for ways of how this can be done safely.

this is what I have written can anybody tell me if i'm going in the right direction plzzz