View Single Post
Unread 08-15-2015, 08:56 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

Mrs Teapot is on a distinguished road
Default Demonstrate strategies for managing inappropriate behaviour according to the policies and procedures of the setting

Demonstrate strategies for managing inappropriate behaviour according to the policies and procedures of the setting

Effective strategies for managing inappropriate behaviour will always be to show a consistent and fair approach, delivered with authority and conviction. Always mean what you say, do not deliver empty threats, and follow through with consequences. Always, wherever possible, deal with the inappropriate behaviour yourself, if you leave to get another teacher or someone else to deal with it you may risk losing respect or trust of pupils and the next incident they may not feel able to speak to you. There are set procedure within my school placement for example if a child was starting to show signs of aggression towards fellow pupils or staff an intervention meeting would be called, with the child, their responsible adult and any staff and support workers involved in the child's welfare. This would be used to discuss the behaviour, set up strategies to deal with the behaviour, setting out consequences and offering further support if necessary.

I have given this as my answer but my tutor is asking me to expand on my answer. Can anyone offer any advice as to what I can add please. Regards

Last edited by Mrs Teapot : 08-15-2015 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Missed part of the post

-----------------------------------------