Thread: unit 3.4 (3.2)
View Single Post
Unread 05-21-2011, 05:32 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road
Default unit 3.4 (3.2)

Hi everyone
My mind is completely frazzled and for the life of me cannot think!
So does anyone think that they can give me guidance on how to complete this question
Explain the dilemma between the rights and choices of children and young people and health and safety requirements.
I have started but just know the dillemas but can't think of how to word them, this is what i have done so far but just can't think anymore:

The UN convention on the rights of any child clearly identifies the rights of the children and young people to learn and develop into adults and be protected from harm, so it up to each setting to protect all children in their care from harm. There are 54 articles about the rights of children and they are there to protect children under the age of 18.
Each child is an individual who makes choices and likes to experience different areas but they don’t have the experience or the skills to make safe choices. The carers therefore identify any potential hazard and judge if it is safe for the child to continue but the child needs to have a balanced approach of risk to continue to develop and make choices of their own.
The adults role is to encourage the child to explore, learn to make choices and have their voice heard when decisions are being made that involve or affect them.
Health and safety regulations may sometimes put a limit on those freedoms, so for the child's wellbeing and safety we may limit their options.
Here are a few examples of dilemmas between the rights and the choices of children and young people:

Please help me only asking for guidance!
Lynne

-----------------------------------------