View Single Post
Unread 04-09-2012, 05:09 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

shellyjoe is on a distinguished road

ok i have amended what i put to this:-

Psychoanalytical theory was formulated by Freud based on how the human mind functions and how personalities are formed. He believed that there are factors outside of the individual person’s awareness (unconscious thoughts, feelings and experiences) that influence their emotions, behaviour and actions, and that their past experiences/feeling shape their future. The Psychoanalytical Theory is also based on the idea that a person’s personality is formed throughout the childhood years, that children go through certain stages at certain points of their childhood and depending on how well the child copes with each of these stages, their adult personality will be affected.
Erikson theory was based on motivation and his amendment on Freud’s theory was that people had certain basic needs which must be successfully met to enable them to reach their full development potential.

Still struggling on how this influences current practice, so far i have put
In our setting we:-
- Encourage the children to show and deal with their real emotions, with the help of books, emotional flash cards and posters. By helping the children gain an understanding of emotions by reflecting on something that may have happened to them. ‘did you feel happy when you went swimming last week’ ‘were you sad when you lost you toy’ ‘were you angry when Tommy would not share’ ‘were you worried that you would be in trouble when you dropped the cup’ etc…… we aim to help the children identify the feelings attached to the emotion

Am i on the right track??????/