Thread: eymp 3
View Single Post
Unread 07-27-2011, 03:18 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrie D View Post
HI Lynne

We normally have a ratio of 1:2 when we go on walks around the village. We normally put up a list for parents to add their names to so that they can come with us and help for the visit. This proves to be successful most of the time and the children love going for a walk about.

Hope this helps
Kerrie
Hi Kerrie

thankyou for your reply. We used to take the children to the park and beach which we then did the ratio of 1:2 but recently in town i saw day nursery staff there with about 10 children and two adults, there were about 6 children strapped together with one adult and another adult with a double buggy with two children in and additional 2 children walking with her. Personally i would refuse to take children with that ratio and both staff were infront of six children trailing behind them, wish i had my camera because i would have complaint to the nursery with proof. I though the ratio had changed dramitically with off site visits. glad it hasn't as me as a passer by thought it was really dangerous especially as the staff were chit chattering and giving the children no interaction and more importantly the children were not being supervised safely.

Lynne