View Single Post
Unread 06-29-2011, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for sorry, supporting both child and family during challenging times would be best practice.

Supporting a child whilst they are present without their parent/carers involves being sensitive and attentive, aware that the bullying would of caused fear, upset, and intimidation which impacts on a child's confidence and self esteem.

Dealing with bullying provides a way to support a child. Knowing situations are being diffused and assessed to minimise the risk of it happening again reassures the victim and family.

Bullying resources on NSPCC - activities & setting resources

Your anti-bullying policies, procedures & actions will help to see how you support children and famillies who experience issues involved with bullying.

How you plan and promote working together, explain to children how they have a right by law to be protected, that their body is theirs, acknowledge times & places where bullying might occur, monitor, intervene & challenge inappropriate behaviour, understand difficult times, transitions, bereavement, boredom, low self esteem & attracting attention, encourage the use of the word 'no' and sharing distressing information from both sides, have someone who children & family feel comfortable turning to in times of need, consultation & in conclusion.

Opportunities to reflect on behaviour: time out, breather, cool & calm, space.
Body language for times of conflict - eye contact, facial expression.
Levels of supervision
Knowledge of who to involve in situations that feel out of control.
Supporting the act of disclosure - buddy time, councils, why bully, playground pals, amnesty discussion - no names just talk.
Reporting incidents - how & who to contact.
Confidentiality
Do parents feel a setting deals with bullying effectively - surveys & supporting disclosure.
Parenting and bullies - from oldham.gov.uk safe parenting, from kidscape my child is a bully,

I hope this helps a little xx
the cost of ad blockers