View Single Post
Unread 06-17-2012, 09:16 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Michelleh is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I've just started this one as well. I have only done a little bit on a couple of the questions so far as i'm not sure I'm on the right track either.
Here's what I've put so far ;-

1.1 Explain the value of a child centred model of assessment and planning
Child centred assessment and planning is a good way to make sure that the setting is giving the children attending the best possible chance to develop at their own rate.
1.2 Explain how to identify the needs of children and young people
Observations are a good way to identify any needs a child may have, by carry out observations on the child you will be able to pinpoint any areas of development the child may need a little extra help with.
1.3 Explain the importance of working with others to assess the needs of children and young people to inform planning
It is important to work with others to assess the needs of children. That way if all agencies are working together with the child’s needs in mind this will only have a positive effect on the child’s learning.
For example a child that needs help in speech and language development would benefit from having a SaLT working with their parents/carers and staff at the setting.

this is all I have done so far and not sure if I'm am totally on the wrong track. I have been working on different parts of the course all weekend and should take a break but wanted to get this done, but now I re-read it, it doesn't seem at all right !!

I think i will call it a night and shut the laptop down !! lol

I hope someone can help you more than me

Michelle