View Single Post
Unread 01-27-2011, 11:37 AM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation

Hi, this is how you interact with colleagues, parents, sector professionals .. recognising that although we all work towards a common goal - the welfare, protection, learning and development aims of childcare each of us is an individual with a right to express lifestyle, experiences, knowledge and opinion.

If assessed in the workplace this performance criteria will look to see how you are with others - act, communicate, respond. What you do when talking, listening, reporting with others.

To reflect personally, you could ask;
Am I impatient, do I devalue what's being said - ignore, dismiss, belittle.
Do I support what others say, appreciating in agreement that ideas, opinions, views, beleifs, observances are all individual - even if they conflict with personal perspectives.
Am I polite when challenged, aggresive, welcome and open to new suggestions.
Do I offer advice, guidance and help when needed.
Do I know how to ask for advice, guidance and help when needed.

For a reflective account maybe you could look at activities and planning to identify areas that conflicted with you ideas and then see how this was overcome. A staff meeting where a given idea was or wasn't explored with satisfaction? A time you engaged with external agencies - why, how, experience, outcome. An occasion when a parent provides feedback- positive or negative?

Hth, best wishes for tomorrow xx
the cost of ad blockers