View Single Post
Unread 08-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Hi
yeah sorry cross referenced the first question with SCH33 (2.8). i was told that i could cross reference this question with the other unit.

Question 4.2 i looked at a policy and answered questions about my setting such as

Admissions.
Our setting is open to all members of the community
• We advertise our service. In the past we have done this via a leaflet drop within the local community.
• We provide information in clear, concise language, whether in written or spoken. We have recently had join us a family with English as additional language so when parents need our help, we speak to an auntie via a telephone call and she translates to the parent, this works really well. Recently the child has had transition problems requiring forms to be filled in so we helped the parents with this.
• We provide information in as many languages as possible. We recently got funding forms for a parent in an additional language. The children also get a treasure basket which is a gift of books, we were able to get the treasure basket with a book in the child’s home language.
• We base our admissions policy on a fair system. When a parent is asking to be put on the waiting list, we right in the date that the parent has registered so this enables the children at the top of the list to get a place first when the child is at the right age to start.

hope it helps a little if not let me know and i will put the policy on here for you to adjust yourself

Lynne