View Single Post
Unread 06-12-2013, 02:41 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

littlemiss25 is on a distinguished road

(your first question) - I looked at the meanings of each one separately of equality, diversity and inclusion, described them and then linked it to how I and my setting implements this.
For example: Inclusion is to have a feeling and a sense of belonging and to feel included in any environment they are in....having inclusion ensures that everyone has access to all resources, equal rights and is able to participate in any activities.
Then, the way equality, diversity and inclusion is supported through education is a key factor as this is how children and young people learn about themselves and others. Eg. They are taught about different cultures and how other children like them may be brought up/live in a different way to them; celebrating festivals such as Diwali and Chinese New Year are ways the children learn about others and respect their values and differences.

(your second question) - Analyse barriers you may come against - eg. language, disability, ability, accessibility of the setting, religious beliefs, staffing, budget etc and how these may cause potential barriers and how you would overcome these.

(your third question) - Haven't completed yet sorry. But I am going to look at the different ACTS relating to this question and my settings own E&D policy, look through it and see if my setting relates to the legislation and if it covers all the ACTS.