View Single Post
Unread 02-19-2013, 12:21 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

kerry-lou is on a distinguished road

heres what i wrote for SHC32 1.2:

SHC 32: 2.2. Explain the expectations of own work role as expressed in relevant standards

In my setting all policies and procedures are kept in the main office and are available to view at all times. It is very important that I am familiar with these policies and follow them at all times.

In my setting there is a safeguarding folder and it is my responsibility to read this file and keep up to date with any changes or amendments that may arise. This is important as I need to know what to do when I think there is a safeguarding issue with any child/children.
I must follow the confidentiality policy and not discuss any information about children, their families and sensitive information about school matters to anyone unless there is an appropriate reason to do so.

Following the health & safety policy I must record any accidents in the relevant accident book and fill an accident slip in to send home to notify the parent/carer of their child’s accident. Check the furniture, equipment and toys are safe for children to use before the children come into the setting and report any hazards/faulty equipment to the appropriate person as soon as possible.

In regards to the EYFS I promote the development of language and literacy through talking, telling stories, singing songs and rhymes. I encourage all children to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage in all activities. I also support the inclusion and acceptance of all children within the setting.